Stuffed mushrooms is a very quick and easy mushroom recipe. Just sauté some veggies, stuff them in mushrooms, top them with cheese and bake it till they become golden brown and sizzling.
Mushrooms are our family favorite and they are very versatile to use. I use mushrooms in vegetable soup, pizza, spinach mushroom curry and in lots of Italian and Chinese dishes. Mushrooms give distinctive flavor; when added in combinations with other veggies make the dish more flavorful, nutritious and yummy. Mushrooms are also a great meat substitute.
Mushrooms are filled with nutrients including vitamin B, minerals and protein. Whenever you are buying mushrooms look for firm, plum and no bruises mushrooms. For button mushrooms check that gills on the underside are tightly packed that means mushrooms are fresh. Keep mushrooms in paper bag and store them in fridge to keep them fresh for longer.
For stuffed mushrooms, look for big mushrooms so that you can put sufficient amount of stuffing inside. I always rinse the mushrooms in cold water just before using them, I know people say not to do so, but can’t change my habit of washing everything before use.
I like to use mushroom stems in the stuffing as they give more mushroomy flavor and texture to the stuffing. I always like to use mixture of monetary jack cheese and cheddar cheese in this recipe. If you like, you can substitute it with mozzarella cheese. The great thing about these stuffed mushrooms is that you can assemble them ahead of time and keep them in fridge unbaked. Whenever you like to serve them, just thaw them and bake. It is a great starter dish.
Watch my easy to follow, step by step instructional video on how to make these yummy stuffed mushrooms.
Here is a quick recipe card for Stuffed mushrooms:
- Mushrooms: 8,
- Fine chopped mushroom stems,
- Fine chopped garlic: 2 big cloves,
- Fine chopped onion: ¼ cup,
- Fine chopped capsicum: ¼ cup,
- Cheese: ⅓ cup,
- Salt, Black pepper, Italian seasoning
- Wash mushrooms in lot of water and dry them on paper towel.
- Take out the stems.
- Chop bell peppers, mushroom stems, onions and garlic in very small pieces.
- Heat little oil in a pan at medium heat and add garlic. Sauté it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions sauté onion and garlic for few more seconds.
- Now add bell peppers and mushroom stems for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper and saute for couple of more minutes.
- Transfer the stuffing in a bowl and let it cool down for some time.
- Now take generous amount of stuffing and stuff it in each mushroom.
- Top each mushroom with cheese and place them on greased oven tray.
- Preheat the oven at 375 F or 190 C.
- Bake the mushrooms for 10-12 minutes or till cheese melts.
- Stuffed mushrooms are ready to serve.Serve hot.
2. If you like you can also use chilly flakes in this recipe.
3. Use large mushrooms for this recipe.
4.Do not forget to grease baking tray before baking mushrooms.