Suji besan kachori is a unique instant snack. Do check out my quick video on how to make quick snack suji besan kachori at home.
Kachoris are made in many ways. you can see different types of kachoris like poha kachori, aloo kachori, pyaaz ki kachori, cheese kachori in my blog. These kachoris are very different from each other in making and in taste. And trust me each of them is worth trying.
This is a new addition in my kachori list. Since it is made with besan and suji and named it suji besan ke kachori. It is a unique recipe and you will find it anywhere else.
I like this suji besan ki kachori as it is quick, easy and very very yummy. You can serve it with ketchup or spicy green chutney. I prefer serving it hot but you can also serve it warm.
Suji Besan ki Kachori Video Recipe:
Suji Besan ki Kachori Recipe Card:
- For stuffing:
- Boiled potato: 2
- Onion: ½ cup chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1tbsp fine chopped
- Green chilli: 2 fine chopped
- Amchur powder: 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- For making cover:
- Suji or semolina or rava: ½ cup
- Besan or gram flour: ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Carom seeds or ajwain: ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds or zeera: ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder or haldi: ⅛ tsp
- Red chilli powder or lal mirch: ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder or dhania: 1tsp
- Water: 2 cups
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl take mashed and boiled potatoes and add coriander leaves, green chilli, onions and salt.
- Mix them well.
- Now divide them in 12 equal portions.
- Roll them in balls and keep them aside.
- Now in a mixing bowl ,mix together suji, besan and little salt.
- Add little water at a time and make thin smooth batter.
- Heat the kadai/ wok at medium high heat and add 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add carom seeds and cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add haldi, lal mirch and dhania powder and mix well.
- Add suji besan mixture and stir it continuously.
- We need to cook it till it becomes thick and leaves the sides of wok.
- Once mixture is thick add 1 tsp of oil, mix well and switch off the heat.
- Take out the mixture in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Once mixture is cold divide it in 12 equal parts.
- Take one part, rub it between your palms to make it smooth.
- Now roll it to a ball and make a disc shape.
- Put the potato stuffing in the center and cover it gently from all the sides.
- With very gentle hands smooth the kachori so there are no visible cracks.
- Make all the kachoris in the same way.
- Heat the oil at medium high flame.
- Deep fry few kachoris at a time till they become crisp and golden brown from both sides.
- Suji besan kachori is ready to serve.