Suji halwa recipe with step by step instruction video. This suji halwa or rava sheera isfor ashtmi prasad, vrat and festivals. Do try this danedar suji ka halwa and I am sure you will love it.
Sooji halwa or suji ka sheera when combined with kale chane and poori make complete prasad. You can make this sooji ka halwa for any vrat, katha or special occasions.
There are different ways and proportions of making rava sheera. This is my version and proportions which works best for me. This rich delicious halwa is often made in most of the Indian household. It is known as rava sheera in North India and rava kesari in South India.
Here are some tips for makig perfect danedar Suji Halwa:
Use big karahi or wok to make halwa
Roast suji in ghee at low heat till it get nice brown color and aroma.
Keep sauteing suji otherwise it may stick to pan.
Add water in steps. Do not add all the water at same time.
Saute and cook halwa till it looses ghee.
Suji Halwa Recipe video:
Suji Halwa Recipe card:
- Sooji or rava: 1cup
- Sugar: 1cup
- Ghee: ¾ cup
- Fine chopped almonds: 1tsp
- Fine chopped pistachios: 1tsp
- Powder cardamom: ⅛ tsp
- Rose petals ( optional): 1 tsp
- Warm Water: 21/2 cup
- Heat big karahi or pan on medium low heat.
- Put ghee in it and let it melt.
- Now add sooji or rava.
- Mix it well and cook till suji turns golden brown and smells nice.
- Make sure to stir suji continuously to avoid burning.
- Once suji is nicely roasted add sugar and add little water at a time and mix well.
- Cook till suji absorbs all the water and starts loosing ghee.
- Suji halwa is ready to serve.
- Garnish with fine chopped nuts and rose petals.
- Do visit my blog www.foodsnadflavorsbyshilpi.com for more recipes.