suji pakora or rava pakora recipe with step by step video instructions. Sooji ke pakode or rava fritters is a very unique recipe where crispy pakoras are made from sooji or rawa along with some veggies.
Fritters or pakoda is a popular fried snack in Indian cuisine. Mostly pakoras are made up of besan or gram flour and veggies. To give it a little twist I have made these pakoras with sooji. These yummy pakoras does not need any preparation. If you have sudden guests at home you can make them in jiffy.
You can add any vegetables like capsicum, green onions, corns, tomatoes in rava pakora. Make sure to chop them fine. You can also add crushed peanuts and fine chopped coconut to give them nutty flavor.
Here make sure to add baking soda in suji pakoras. If you don’t have baking soda add some eno powder. Also make sure to beat the batter well before dropping pakoras in oil. This will make the batter fluffy and pakoras will become crip from outside and spongy from indside.
If you like this sooji ke pakore you may also like
Chinese pakora: spicy, flavorful pakoras with chinese flavor
Crispy corn: crisp corns with lots of veggies
Aloo vada: twist to aloo bonda
Mayore bonda: delicious pakoras made with allp purpose flour and veggies
Rava Pakora or Suji Pakoda Recipe Video:
Rava Pakora or Suji Pakoda Recipe Card:
- Rawa or sooji: 1 cup
- Baking soda: 1 pinch
- Fine chopped onions: ½ cup
- Fine chopped coriander leaves:
- Fine chopped curry leaves: 8-10
- Fine chopped green chilly: 1
- Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl take sooji, onions, salt, coriander,curry leaves, green chillies, baking soda and salt.
- Mix them well and add little water at a time and make a thick batter.
- Keep the batter for 10 minutes.
- Now heat the oil in kadai or pan at medium heat.
- Check the consistency of batter if its too thick add little water.
- Mix the sooji/ rava batter thoroughly for 2-3 minutes so that mixture becomes fluffy.
- Drop small size poakoras in hot oil.
- Let them cook for few minutes.
- Once they become fluffy and little brown turn them over.
- Cook them from both side till they become brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Crispy suji pakora or rawa pakora is ready to serve.
- Enjoy sooji pakora with spicy green chutney.
- For more such easy recipes visit foodsandflavorsbyshilpi.com