Roti, chapati and paratha are integral part of main food in my family like any other typical Indian Family. Earlier even I used to make regular chapati with wheat flour until I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes during my last pregnancy. I was advised to increase my intake of protein in daily diet. So I started finding different ways to make this happen with not much compromise on my eating habits. And tofu sandwich, tofu chapati and parathas turned out to be my saviors.
Mixing tofu in flour makes much softer chapati and until you tell anyone no one can even figure out that you mixed something in it ;). It’s good for kids and equally good for adults as significant source of protein and fiber.
So here is this very easy and very useful recipe to make Tofu roti and paratha:
Tofu Roti and Tofu Parantha Recipe Video
Tofu Roti and Tofu Parantha Detailed Recipe Card
- Tofu: ½ cup,
- Whole wheat flour: 1 cup,
- Salt: To taste,
- Oil: 1 tsp,
- Water: To knead the dough
- Put tofu, salt and water in a grinder and grind them to smooth paste.
- Pour it in a bowl and add one cup of wheat flour.
- Knead the mixture to soft dough. Add additional water as required.
- Cover and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, make lemon size balls from the dough. Roll them to Chapaties using generous dusting.
- Cook both sides on hot pan (tawa).
- If you want to make chapati don’t use any oil while cooking them on pan. Else, if you want to make paratha drizzle some oil or ghee on both sides of paratha while cooking and press gently with the spatula while cooking.
- Serve them with yogurt, pickle or any curry.
2. Keeping the dough to rest for some time makes softer chapatti.