Tortilla spring rolls: Crispy mouthwatering rolls made with tortilla stuffed with veggies and baked till perfect crispness. Serve these Mediterranean style crispy tortilla spring rolls as snack, appetizer or evening snack. It is always a hit.
I ate these yummy tortilla spring rolls in a restaurant and immediately fallen in love with them. Before eating these spring rolls I only knew about Chinese spring rolls which has also been my favorite.
After trying these tortilla spring rolls couple of times at home finally I got the same taste and flavors like restaurant. Now I often make them at home for evening snack or for brunch. I like to serve them with marinara sauce or tomato ketchup. Sometimes I even serve them with spicy coriander chutney and trust me that is also an awesome combination.
I often use tortilla in my cooking as it is very versatile and flexible and you can make scrumptious snacks or breakfasts in no time. You can also check tortilla samosa, egg tortilla wrap, tortilla pakodaand tortilla soup in my blog. You can also make quesadilla, papdi chaat with tortilla.
Tortilla spring rolls recipe is pretty simple. I used regular flour tortilla for make the rolls, stuffed these rolls with roasted and sautéed veggies, topped with cheese, brushed with olive oil and baked them till they became crispy from both the sides. Isn’t that easy?
now go ahead try them yourself.
Tortilla Spring Rolls Recipe Video
Tortilla Spring Rolls Recipe Card
- Flour Tortilla: 4,
- Chopped garlic: 1tbsp,
- Fine chopped onions: ½ cup,
- Diced big eggplant or baingan: ½ cup,
- Mushrooms: ½ cup,
- Bell peppers or capsicum: ½ cup,
- Chilly flakes: 1tsp,
- Dry Oregano: 1tsp,
- Sliced canned olives: ¼ cup,
- Sundried tomatoes: 2 tbsp,
- Mozzarella or Monterey jack or Cheddar cheese: 1 cup,
- All-purpose flour or maida: 1tbsp
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp + 2tbsp,
- Melted butter: 2tsp,
- Oregano and thyme seasoning: 2 pinch,
- Salt, Water
- Heat the pan at medium heat and add one tbsp of oil. Now add garlic and let it cook till it turns pink.
- Add chopped onions, saute and cook till onion turns pink. Now add diced eggplant and cook till eggplant becomes little soft and roasted.
- Once eggplant is roasted add mushrooms, bell pepper and salt. Mix everything well and cook till veggies become soft and dry but not mushy.
- Add chilly flakes and dried oregano. Give a nice mix and switch off the heat.
- Now add sliced olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Mix well and let the mixture cool down for some time.
- In the meanwhile take all-purpose flour in a bowl, add little water at a time and make a thick paste as shown in the video.
- Now take one tortilla, put generous amount of stuffing on it, top it with some cheese. Hold it from one side and make a tight roll as shown in the video.
- At the end apply some all-purpose flour paste and stick the roll. Gently press it so that roll sticks firmly.
- When all the rolls are ready put it on the baking sheet and coat them with olive oil from all the sides.
- Bake them in pre-heated oven at 395F or 200C for 10-12 minutes. Then take them out turn them over and bake them again for 5-6 minutes or till the rolls are crispy.
- Once rolls are ready brush them with some melted butter and sprinkle some seasoning.
- Tortilla spring rolls are ready to serve.
2. Keep an eye while baking tortilla spring rolls as they burn very fast.