Upma recipe – rava upma recipe – sooji upma recipe video in Hindi. Learn how to make vegetable upma in very easy method.
Upma is healthy Indian breakfast recipe specially famous in South India. It can be made in 10 minutes. There are several different names of upma like uppeet, uppama, uppumavu, uppindi.
Rava upma can be made with or without vegetables. Today I am posting veg upma recipe. It hardly takes 10 minute to make this sooji upma. It is perfect upma recipe for breakfast or tiffin.
Sooji ka upma is one of the easiest breakfast recipes from rava. You can also make rava idli, rava uttapam and rava toast. These are all sooji recipes for breakfast. They all can be made quickly and are healthy and tasty.
Rava upma is very easy to make. Roast rava. Make tadka with mustard seeds, green chilly ,dal, pea nuts and cashews. Now add veggies and saute will they are slightly cook. Add water , let it boil then add sooji, stir continuously and cook till sooji is fully cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves. And upma is ready in no time.
Here are some quick tips to make perfect non stick Hotel style upma:
Roast sooji or rava slightly. Do not make it brown.
Do not over cook the veggies.
Add sooji only when water is boiling.
Stir continuously after adding sooji otherwise it will form lumps.
Cover the upma for 1-2 minutes so that rava can cook all the to inside.
Add 1-2 tbsp of ghee for perfect taste.
If you are looing for more healthy and quick breakfast recipes you may like:
Shahi Poha recipe: poha is made in very differnt way.
Bread pakoda: crisp stuffed pakoras perfect for breakfast.
Aloo Paratha: yum and delicious paratha filled with spicy potato.
Rava Upma recipe card:
- Rava or Sooji: 1 cup
- Fine chopped onions: ½ cup
- Fine chopped tomatoes: ½ cup
- Frozen or fresh green peas: ¼ cup
- Fine chopped carrots: ¼ cup
- Peanuts or moongphali: 2tbsp
- Cashews: 8 ( split in half)
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds or sarson: 1tsp
- Fine chopped green chilli: 1-2
- Curry leaves: 8-10
- Channa dal: 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee: 1-2 tbsp
- Oil: 3-4 tbsp
- Water: 2 cups
- Heat pan at medium heat.
- Add rava and roast it till rava is slightly pink in color.
- Once rava is roasted take it away from heat and transfer it in a plate or bowl.
- Heat the same pan at medium high heat.
- Add 3-4 tbsp oil.
- As the oil gets little hot add channa dal and roast it for few seconds.
- Add green chilly, mustard seeds, cashews and peanuts.
- Mix them well and roast them till cashews turns light brown.
- Now add curry leaves, onions and cook till onions are little soft.
- Once onions are slightly pink add carrots and green peas and cook for a minute.
- Now mix everything well and add chopped tomatoes.
- Mix them well and cook for a minute again.
- Now add 2 cups of water, mix it well and take a boil.
- Add salt , mix well and let the water boil.
- Once water starts boiling add coriander leaves.
- Now add sooji or rava in small batches and stir it continuously to avoid lumps.
- When rava absorbs all the water, cover the pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Now open the lid and mix the upma and add 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Mix it well.
- Upma is ready to serve .
- Garnish it with fine chopped coriander leaves.
Rava upma video recipe: