Vada Pav Recipe – Learn how to make Mumbai ( non fried) vada pav recipe with step by step video in Hindi. Vada Pav also known as Batata Vada, is a famous Indian snacks recipe.
In Mumbai Vada pav is most famous street snack . It is affordable, delicious and available in Mumbai 24 by 7. Wada pav is served with special chutney and fried whole green chilli.
To make vada pav chutney just saute 8-9 garlic cloves and 2-3 tbsp of peanuts. Now in the same pan saute 1/2 cup of dried grated coconut. Now blend all the three with salt and kashmiri red chilli powder. Try not adding add water while grinding. You can store vada pav chutney in fridge in air tight container. This vada pav chutney will be fine for at least for 3-4 months.
Today I have posted healthy non fried vada pav recipe. In vada pav , vada is mostly deep fried. To make it healthy I made vada in appam pan. This way you can cook vadas in less then tea spoon of oil. And trust me you cannot differentiate between fried vada pav and non fried vada pav.
How to make batata vada crispy ? It’s very easy. Just add some rice flour and a pinch of soda in gram flour batter. This will make super crisp vadas.
Mumbai ( non fried ) Vada Pav recipe video in Hindi:
- For making potato mixture
- Boiled potatoes: 3
- Red chiily powder: ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Dry mango powder or Amchur powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds: ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1tsp
- Hing or asafetida: 1 pinch
- Coriander leaves: 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves: 12-14
- Green chilli: 2
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- For making batter:
- Gram flour: ½ cup
- Baking soda: 1 pinch
- Salt to taste
- Water to make paste
- Oil for frying
- Break potato in small pieces. Not grate them.
- Heat pan and add 1 tsp of oil.
- Add hing,mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add green chilly, curry leaves and saute them.
- Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, dry mango powder, ginger garlic paste.
- Add boiled potatoes, salt and mix well.
- Now add coriander leaves and mix well .
- Potato mixture is ready , transfer it in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Now take gram flour in a bowl, add soda, salt and mix well.
- Now add little water at a time and make smooth thick dough.
- When potato mixture is cold, grease hands with oil.
- Now make small golf size bowl.
- Heat the appam pan and add ¼ to ½ tsp of oil in each hole.
- Dip potato balls in gram flour mixture and put them in pan.
- Cover the pan and cook them for a minute.
- Turn them over and cook till they are golden brown and crisp from both side.
- To serve take a pav and slit it from the center.
- Apply vada pav chutney and put a vada inside.
- Vada pav is ready to serve.
Non fried Vada Pav Hindi Video: