Veg cheese sandwich recipe with video: A very crispy sandwich made with veggies, cheese and toasted with sesame seeds. Pack this veg cheese sandwich for kids tiffin box, picnics or make it for your breakfast. It tastes delicious any time.
Sandwiches are one of my favorite breakfasts as they are filling and easy to do. You can find grilled tofu sandwich, sandwich toast, curd sandwich, cream cheese sandwich and paneer sandwich in my blog which are very different from each other in taste and also in method of making.
Talking about this Veg cheese sandwich, it is super easy to do and can be done within minutes if you have boiled potatoes in hand. Just mix the veggies and cheese together stuff them in bread, coat bread with butter, put some sesame seeds and toast the sandwich either on pan or in sandwich toaster till it become nice brown and crispy. Serve it with ketchup or coriander chutney.
What makes this veg cheese sandwich different from other sandwiches is its crispiness. Today I made it without toaster, on the pan and got an amazing crispness in the sandwich while it was also super easy to do.
In this method, I used stone weight on sandwich that helped in cooking it uniformly, let excessive moisture out and get crisp outcome. I recommend you to see my video for exact process of how to do it.
Vegetarian Cheese Sandwich Video Recipe
Vegetarian Cheese Sandwich Detailed Recipe Card
- Fine chopped bell pepper or capsicum: ¼ cup,
- Boiled mashed potato: ¼ cup,
- Fine chopped green chillies: 2,
- Coriander leaves: 2 tbsp,
- Fine chopped onions: ¼ cup,
- Grated mozzarella cheese: ¼ cup,
- Black pepper powder,
- Sesame seeds: 1 tbsp,
- Butter, Salt,
- Lemon juice: 1 tsp,
- Bread slices: 4
- In a bowl, mix together bell peppers, onions, mashed potatoes, cheese, little salt, black pepper powder, green chilly, coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Take a bread slice and put generous amount of stuffing on it.
- Cover it with other piece and apply butter on top. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and use same butter knife and rub over the seeds so that they get stick to the bread.
- Heat pan at medium heat and put butter side down. Put some weight on the sandwich as shown in the video to make it crispy.
- Let it cook for few minutes then put butter and sesame seeds on this side too and flip the sandwich.
- Once sandwich is nice brown and crispy from both the sides take it out.
- Sandwich is ready to serve.
- Cut it in two pieces and serve this sandwich with chutney or ketchup