Veg parcels or veg pouches recipe with step by step instructional video: Vegetable pouches or veg parcels is a quick snack or appetizer which you can be made for parties or get-togethers. Serve these cute veg pouches hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
I make these veg pouches often as most of the ingredients used in making these pouches are handy and available at home. You can always change the stuffing and every time make these veg pouches with a new taste.
Making these vegetable pouches is very easy and quick as I used ready-made wonton sheets to make the cover. These wonton sheets are easily available in super markets but if you cannot find wonton sheets you can also use samosa sheet or spring roll sheet to make them.
Today I made veg parcels or pouches with veggie and paneer stuffing which gives these pouches nice spicy taste. As an alternate stuffing you can use peas, carrots, beans and potato mixture. If you are making these veg parcels for kids snacks you can add some grated cheese along with the veggies in the stuffing. This stuffing can be made ahead of time, so you can just prepare the pouches and deep fry them when you like to eat them.
Before deep frying make sure that the pouches are stick properly otherwise they may open in oil. These veg parcels or pouches cook very soon so keep an eye and don’t overcook them.
I like to serve these veg pouches or parcels hot with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
If you are looking for more scrumptious snacks you may also like Chinese pakora, veg nuggets, baked katori chaat, veg paneer moong toast and lot more in snacks and appetizer section of blog.
Veg Pouches or Parcel Video Recipe
Veg Pouches or Parcel Detailed Recipe Card
- Wonton sheets or spring roll sheets or samosa wrappers: 12
- Cumin seeds (Zeera): 1 tsp,
- Fine chopped onions: ¼ cup,
- Fine Chopped Capsicum (Bell Pepper): ¼ cup,
- Boiled mashed potato: ½ cup,
- Grated paneer: ½ cup,
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: ¼ cup,
- Fine chopped green chilly: 1-2,
- Amchur powder (dry mango powder) or lemon juice: ½ tsp,
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp,
- Salt, Oil for frying
- To make paste: All-purpose flour or Maida: 1 tbsp, Water
- Heat 1 tsp of oil at medium heat. Once oil is hot add cumin seeds.
- As cumin seeds sizzle add onion and capsicum. Saute till onion,capsicum turn pink and become little soft.
- Now add paneer, potato, coriander, green chilly and salt. Mix everything.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a meanwhile take maida in a bowl and add little water at a time and make a thick paste.
- Once the mixture cools down completely take one wonton sheet and put some veggie stuffing in the center.
- Put the all purpose flour paste and apply all over the sides with your fingers and fold the sheet as shown in the video.
- Deep fry the pouches at medium hot oil till they become golden brown and crispy from all the sides.
2. Stick all the sides of the pouches properly so that they do not open up while frying.
3. These veg parcels fry very fast so keep an eye don’t overcook them.
4. Always serve veggie pouches hot as they may become soggy once they cool down.