Vegetarian rangoons recipe with quick video. Inspired from famous restaurant style appetizer or snack crab rangoons, these veg rangoons are easy, crisp and delicious.
When you are looking for quick snack or starter veg rangoons are must try. I love making them often for snacks or as party appetizers. Veg rangoons are super easy to make as we use ready-made wanton sheets for making them. Just stuff them with creamy cheese mixture and fry them till they become golden brown. Veg rangoons can also be baked but I feel they taste best when deep fried.
Veg rangoons are crispy from outside and creamy from inside. Wonton sheets are very versatile and can be used for making dumplings, samosa, patties, ravioli and lot more. I have already posted the recipe of veg pouches which are made by stuffing veggies in wonton sheets and are very easy to make.
Crab Rangoon is a famous starter served in Chinese restaurants. They look so tempting that I thought of making vegetarian version of the same. They are very tempting and always a hit in parties and potlucks.
While frying veg Rangoons make sure you put them upright in oil and do not turn them over otherwise they may open up in oil. Cook them on medium heat till they become nice golden brown and crispy. Serve them hot with chilly sauce or ketchup.
Veg Rangoons Video Recipe
Veg Rangoons Recipe Card
- Wonton sheets: 10,
- Whipped cream cheese: 3 tbsp,
- Grated Mozzarella cheese: ½ cup,
- Fine chopped spring onions: ½ cup,
- Red chilly flakes: ½ tsp,
- Crushed or grated garlic: ¼ tsp,
- All purpose flour or maida: 2 tbsp,
- Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl take whipped cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, green onions, garlic and chilly flakes. Mix them to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Add little water in all purpose flour and make thick paste and keep it aside.
- Now take one wonton sheet and apply paste all over the sides.
- Take some stuffing and put it in the center and fold the wonton as shown in the video.
- Make sure to seal all the sides properly so that stuffing does not come out while frying.
- Heat oil at medium heat and slowly put the Rangoons upright and fry till they are golden brown.
- Do not turn them over, else they may open up in oil.
- Veg Rangoons are ready to serve.