Mix Vegetable paratha recipe with video: Indian flatbread made with the combination of mix vegetables. You can make this delicious, healthy and nutritious mix vegetable paratha for kids tiffin box, breakfast, lunch or dinner.
At my home, I make paratha or chapati at least once everyday. To make it more interesting and healthier I keep experimenting with them a lot. One of the healthier and nutritious options I figured out over time that works best for me is making chapatis with vegetable mix. This way I can add lot of fiber, taste and other goodness of vegetables in regular chapatis or parathas. Some other options I tried are mixing different flours together to get goodness of multiple grans or making it with tofu to get high protein that is especially helpful for diabetic patients.
Dev (my elder one) loves this mix vegetable paratha because of its green color and I am also happy to cook it for him because of vegetables. At least once a week I keep this paratha for his lunch box. I just put some butter, cream cheese or egg and make it a roll for him. When I make this mix veg paratha for Veer (my younger one) I don’t put any onions and make sure that it is soft for him to chew it easily. He seems to be loving this too.
In this mix veg paratha recipe I used tofu, broccoli, spinach, green onions. You can always add some more seasonal vegetables like grated carrots, fine fresh chopped fenugreek (methi leaves), grated radish, etc but the amount of water may vary as the water content in all the vegetables are different. I always like to add carom seeds whenever I make roti or paratha as they are good for digestion and also make it tastier.
This mix vegetable paratha is full of fiber, protein and tasty too. Next time try it for kid’s lunch box or for your lunch. You can serve these parathas with aloo gobi, baingan aloo, zeera aloo, rajma masala or any other Indian curries and sides.
You can watch my step by step instructional video on how to make this mix vegetable paratha. In this video you can see the accurate consistency of the dough.
Mix Veg Paratha Recipe Video:
Mix Vegetable Paratha Recipe Card:
- Broccoli: 1 cup,
- Tofu: ½ cup,
- Chopped spinach (palak): 2 cups,
- Carom seeds (ajwain): 1tsp,
- Chopped spring onions (hara pyaj): ½ cup,
- Wheat flour (atta): 2 cup,
- Wheat flour (atta) for dusting,
- Cooking oil
- In grinder put chopped broccoli, tofu, chopped spinach and water.
- Grind them to paste.
- Take this mixture out in a bowl; add chopped spring onions, and carom seeds, salt and 2 cups of atta.
- Knead soft dough using water as needed.
- Take little oil in your hand and rub it on the dough.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes knead the dough once again and take out lemon size ball.
- Roll the ball as shown in the video.
- Cook rolled paratha over medium high heat.
- Cook the paratha from both sides using little oil each side till you see brown spots.
- Serve it with your favorite curry.
2. Kneading soft dough make soft paratha.
3. You can add more vegetables like carrot, radish in this recipe.
4. Once cool down you can store this paratha just wrap it in paper towel and store in zip lock.
5. I have added carom seeds its good for digestion but if you do not like it tastes feel free to skip it.