Easy vegetarian nuggets made with paneer suji are cool party appetizer. Kids love these crispy vegetable nuggets as they are crispy from outside and tender and creamy from inside.
I had been looking for the some vegetarian nuggets recipe and I tried couple of them but this paneer rava nuggets recipe came out best, a perfect vegetarian substitute of chicken nuggets.
Making these sooji paneer nuggets is very easy. Half of the preparation can be done in advance and rest half of the cooking can be done just before the guests arrive or when you plan to have them.
In this vegetarian nuggets recipe you can use homemade or store bought paneer. Paneer is so versatile that you can make thousands of different dishes or snacks with it. I always make paneer in large quantity at home, enough for 2 meals because both of kids love paneer so much that they always ask for more, so better be prepared .
Coarse rava is another main ingredient in this recipe. If you are not spice lover feel free to skip green chillies. For coating these vegetable nuggets I made bread crumbs at home by just breaking bread slices in small pieces and grinding them in a grinder. If you do not like deep fried snack, you can also shallow fry these nuggets only that they may not come out as crispy and crunchy. Serve these nuggets with mint chutney, coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
Vegetarian Paneer Suji Nuggets Video Recipe
Vegetarian Paneer Suji Nuggets Detailed Recipe Card
- Paneer: 1 cup,
- Coarse or Upma Rawa (Suji/Samolina): 5tbs,
- Milk: 1 cup,
- Fine chopped onion: 1 medium size,
- Fine chopped green chilly: 2,
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 1 tbsp,
- Black pepper powder: ½ tsp,
- Salt: To taste,
- Oil for deep frying
- Ingredients for making batter:
- Milk: ⅓ cup,
- All-purpose flour (Maida): 3 tbsp,
- Breadcrumbs- ⅔ cup,
- Heat pan at medium heat.
- Add milk, rawa, paneer, onions, chilli, coriander leaves, black pepper powder, salt and oil.
- Stir constantly and cook till mixtures leaves the sides.
- Spread ½ inch thick layer of the mixture on a greased tray.
- Let it cool down for about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- After mixture is cool down, cut it into small square pieces.
- Make a smooth batter with flour and milk in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a separate pan, dip each piece in batter and roll it in breadcrumbs
- Deep fry them till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with chutney. Enjoy these crispy creamy nuggets at breakfast or evening snack time
2. Let the mixture completely cool down before frying otherwise nuggets will fall apart while frying.
3. For homemade bread crumbs just throw few pieces of bread in mixer and grind them.
4. use green more or less chillies according to your taste