Wheat dosa made using whole wheat flour or normal chapati atta. Easy instant atta dosa recipe – It is a very healthy Indian breakfast for kids. This atta ka cheela or dosa is made with very basic ingredients available at home.
I tried to make wheat dosa couple of times earlier but every time it used to get soft and come out not as crispy as normal dal dosa. I got this recipe from a book and tried it successfully. This aata dosa is now my family favorite. You can serve it with korma, sambhar, coconut chutney or simple aloo masala.
My kids love dosas and sometimes they want it immediately. If I don’t have dosa batter in fridge, I try this wheat dosa that comes very handy. It is super simple to prepare and almost all the ingredients are mostly available at home.
You can make this wheat dosa with or without rice flour. Rice flour makes it extra crisp. Wheat dosa is also good for weight loss as it is high in fiber and pretty filling. I like to serve this wheat dosa hot and crisp. Once it becomes cold it won’t taste that good. Wheat dosa is also good for diabetes and you can also give it to babies. Just make soft dosa if you are making for babies.
One good thing I love about aate ka dosa is that it comes out very crisp just like paper dosa. I really recommend you to watch my quick step by step recipe video on how to make wheat dods / atta dosa.
Here are some quick tips on how to make wheat dosa / atta dosa :
- Make lump free, smooth batter. Consistency of wheat dosa batter should be like normal dosa batter.
- I have added sugar in batter which will give nice color to dosa, rice flour is added to give crispness.
- While making dosa pan should not be very hot otherwise dosa will not spread properly on pan.
- Wipe the pan with oil and water mixture before making dosa. This will cool down the temperature of pan and also makes it nonstick.
- Spread wheat dosa gently all over the pan. Sprinkle some oil which will make dosa crisp.
- You can make thin or thick dosas according to your choice.
- If you like crisp dosas spread it thin.
Wheat Dosa / Atta Dosa Video Recipe:
Wheat Dosa / Atta Dosa Recipe Card:
- Wheat dosa
- For batter:
- Wheat flour or Atta: 1 cup
- Rice flour: ¼ cup
- Thick curd or yogurt: 1 tbsp
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Baking soda: 2 pinch
- Oil: 1tbsp,
- Salt to taste
- Water to make batter.
- For greasing pan
- Mix of ½ cup of water and 4-5 drops of oil
- In a mixing bowl take rice flour, wheat flour, yogurt, salt sugar, baking soda and oil.
- Mix it well and now add little bit water at a time and make smooth and lump free batter.
- Consistency of batter should be like dosa batter.
- Heat dosa pan at medium heat. Once pan is hot take a paper napkin and dip it in water oil mixture. Wipe the pan with this mixture.
- And now take a ladle full of batter and spread the batter on the pan in circular motion.
- Add some oil on top and let it cook for a minute.
- Now flip dosa and let it cook from this side too.
- Once dosa is crisp from both side take it out.
- Serve hot wheat dosa with your favorite chutney.
I have added sugar in batter which will give nice color to dosa, rice flour is added to give crispness.
While making dosa pan should not be very hot otherwise dosa will not spread properly on pan.
Wipe the pan with oil and water mixture before making dosa. This will cool down the temperature of pan and also makes it nonstick.
Spread wheat dosa gently all over the pan. Sprinkle some oil which will make dosa crisp.
You can make thin or thick dosas according to your choice.
If you like crisp dosas spread it thin.
Atte ka dosa is very healthy breakfast. Sometimes I also make it for dinner. If you are looking for more healthy breakfast recipes you may like oats cutlets, bread uttapam, instant kadai dhokla,baked bread rolls and many more in my breakfast section. Do watch my quick chutney for wheat dosa and I am sure you will love it.