Sandwich is one of the most famous foods eaten all over the world. I too love making and experimenting with sandwiches a lot. You can find variety of sandwich recipes like cream cheese sandwich, paneer sandwich, scrambled egg sandwich, egg salad sandwich,tofu sandwich on my site. Sandwiches are quick, easy and can be a full meal if accompanied with soup or some drink.
This yogurt sandwich is particularly my favorite and I make it at home very often. Because of its tangy taste kids also love this sandwich. You can make this sandwich with multi grain bread, white bread or brown bread. You can also experiment with veggies in it like chopped deseeded tomatoes, chopped cabbage, fine chopped salad leaves and lot more.
I love the combination of yogurt (curd) with the freshness of veggies and bread in this sandwich and whenever I served it to anybody they just loved it. In this recipe always use thick yogurt otherwise sandwich will not come out crispy. This sandwich tastes best when it is cooked in butter or ghee. Adding mustard seeds gives it nice crunch and aroma. For best taste serve it hot with ketchup or chutney.
This quick and easy sandwich recipe is really worth trying and I am sure once you try it you will make it again and again.
Check out my easy to follow step by step instructional recipe video for more details:
Yogurt Sandwich Video Recipe
See the detailed Vegetable Yogurt Sandwich recipe below:
Yogurt Sandwich Detailed Recipe Card
- Bread slices: 4,
- Thick yogurt (curd): ½ cup,
- Chopped onions: ¼ cup,
- Chopped Bell Pepper (Shimla Mirch): ¼ cup,
- Chopped cucumber: ¼ cup,
- Sugar: ¼ tsp,
- Mustard seeds: ¼ tsp,
- Some green chillies and coriander (cilantro) leaves,
- Salt: To taste,
- Butter for cooking
- In a bowl, mix thick yogurt, onions, cucumber, bell peppers, sugar, green chilly, coriander leaves and salt.
- Cut bread pieces diagonally.
- Put this mixture between two pieces of bread and make a sandwich.
- Heat pan to medium heat and spread butter on it.
- Sprinkle some mustard seeds and put the sandwich on the pan.
- Spread some butter on top of the bread.
- Turn them over after a some time when bread become nice brown and crispy from down.
- Cook until both sides turn crispy and golden brown.
2. You can also use ghee instead of butter both works good with this recipe.
3. Press the sandwich gently before putting it on the pan.