Earlier, when I used to make sweet chutney with tamarind I always used to find it so tedious, then I came to know about this quick recipe. I was so happy 😀 , as being a chaat lover I always wanted to have sweet chutney available all the time. With this quick and easy recipe now I can make sweet chutney in few minutes without sacrificing the taste and store it air tight container for 2, 3 months in fridge and use it whenever I need.
This sweet and sour chutney is made from dry mango (amchoor) powder along with few other spices easily available in Indian Kitchen. Dry mango (amchoor) powder gives this chutney required sourness and sugar is added for the sweetness. Few other spices like black pepper, chilly powder and cumin powder are added to get the perfect combination of flavors.
Sweet and sour chutney is normally used in chaat items like samosa, bread channa chaat, bread dahi vadas, pakora, aloo tikki, Kachoris. This simple homemade chutney goes perfectly well with all the chaats and snacks.
Watch my easy to follow step by step instructional recipe video:
Sweet and Sour Chutney Video Recipe
Sweet and Sour Chutney Detailed Recipe Card
- Amchoor Powder (dry mango powder, Khatai): 3 tsp,
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp,
- Cumin Powder: ½ tsp,
- Black pepper powder: ¼ tsp,
- Pinch of salt,
- Sugar: 1 cup,
- Water: 1 cup,
- In a pan, add water and sugar and let it boil for 7-8 minutes on medium high heat. Stir it occasionally.
- After that add all the spices, mix well and let it boil for another 4 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and let chutney cool down for some time.
- Do not boil chutney to too much else it will become thick and sticky after cooling.
- Store chutney in air tight container and keep it in refrigerator.
- You can use it for almost a month. Enjoy your favorite snack with it any time you like.