Panjiri Recipe or Panjeeri Recipe for Pooja | Panjiri or Panjeere is one of the main prasad that is made in most of the households for pooja. Whether it is Satyanarayan pooja or Janamashtami or any other sacred occasion Panjiri is a must.
This is my mom-in-law recipe and I really love it. It is very easy and can be done in minutes. I still remember my childhood days when I used to go to any pooja celebration with my mom and prasad was always used to be panjiri with panchamrut and a piece of fruit or sweet.
I have also posted other fasting or vrat recipes like Mandir Wali Khichdi recipe, Sabudana Khichdi and many others that you may also like to explore. And as they say prasad always tastes divine as it is full of blessings of Lord and love of the maker and so is this panjiri. Once you make it I am sure you are going to love it.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- ½ cup cashews, almonds, raisins, walnuts, dry coconut mixed
- Heat ghee at medium low heat in a heavy bottom pan.
- Fry all the nuts till they become crispy and light brown in color then take the nuts out in a bowl.
- In the remaining ghee sauté the flour till it become light brown.
- Do not forget to stir it continuously. It might take 7-8 minutes.
- Once flour turns light brown in color and gives nice aroma take it out and let it cool down completely.
- Add sugar and nuts to the roasted flour and mix it well.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this recipe.