Sweet French Toast Recipe with Video: A quick breakfast or brunch made with egg, bread, sugar and lots of coconut. This French toast can be made in minutes. I like to garnish my Sweet French toast with chopped nuts and maple syrup or honey. This whole combination tastes divine. I specially make this sweet french toasts during winter festival and holiday season. Somehow mingles with the whole mood. As weather is getting colder, I think this is the right time to share this recipe and a quick video with my lovely viewers. I usually make spicy French toast for breakfast but for a change make this sweet French toast once in a while. It’s so yummy that you can even serve it as a dessert.
Making this sweet French toast is very easy. Just break eggs in a big bowl (I prefer big bowl so that whole bread can be dipped without bending). Add sugar and cinnamon and whisk it till its consistency becomes uniform. Grate dry coconut in a plate (grate the coconut from big side of the manual grater so that French toast remains crisp for long time after cooking). Dip a bread piece in egg, cover it with grated coconut and cook it in butter till it gets golden brown from both the sides. Garnish toasts with chopped nuts and honey or maple syrup and your French toast is ready to serve.
Find more of such quick breakfast recipes in breakfast section of this blog.
If you like more quick and easy egg recipes you may like egg paratha, egg tortilla wrap, egg cheese toast, egg paratha roll, egg curry, egg salad sandwich, French toast roll and scrambled egg sandwich.
Sweet French Toast
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Fine Sugar
- 4 Bread Slices
- 1 pinch Cinnamon Powder
- ½ cup Dry Coconut/ Desiccated Coconut grated
- 2 tbsp Almonds chopped
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Honey/Maple Syrup
- In a bowl break 2 eggs. Add sugar, cinnamon powder to it and whisk everything.
- Take grated coconut in a plate and spread it little bit. Take one piece of bread dip it in egg mixture, turn it over and let it soak for few seconds.
- Take out the bread piece and put it over grated coconut and turn it over. Let the coconut stick to both sides of the bread. Heat the butter on pan at medium low heat.
- Cook bread from both sides till it becomes nice brown and crispy. Garnish with chopped nuts and honey or maple syrup. Sweet coconut French toast is ready to serve.