French Toast Rolls: Quick bread rolls made with delicious cheese and veggie stuffing.French toast rolls can be served as breakfast, snack or even can be packed for kids tiffin box.
Egg is one ingredient which I often use in my kitchen. I often make scrambled egg sandwich, egg cheese toast, egg paratha rolls and egg salad sandwich in breakfast. For lunch or dinner I often make egg curry, egg tortilla wrap, egg paratha and many more egg recipes.
French toast rolls can be made sweet or salted. I have already posted sweet French toast recipe earlier, while this one is the spicy and salted version.
I often pack these rolls for my kid tiffin box and he loves it a lot. French toast rolls are easy to make. First we make stuffing with onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. If you like you can also use spinach, de-seeded diced tomatoes, fresh basil or any other veggies of your choice. In a separate bowl whisk eggs with little salt, roll bread with rolling pin to spread like a sheet, spread a layer of cream cheese over it, put stuffing on it and make a tight roll. Dip this roll in egg batter and shallow fry the rolls in little butter till they become golden brown and crispy from all the sides. Serve them with ranch, tomato ketchup or even try them with spicy coriander chutney.
French Toast Rolls Video Recipe
French Toast Rolls Detailed Recipe Card
- Onion: ¼ cup (fine chopped),
- Bell pepper or capsicum: ¼ cup (fine chopped),
- Mushrooms: ½ cup (fine chopped),
- Red chilly flakes: ½ tsp,
- Black pepper powder,
- Bread slices: 6,
- Cream cheese at room temperature: 2 tbsp,
- Grated mozzarella cheese (optional): 2 tbsp,
- Butter: 1-2 tbsp,
- Water: 2 tbsp,
- Oil: 1 tsp,
- Egg: 2,
- Salt to taste
- In a medium hot pan add 1 tsp oil.
- Add onions and sauté it for a minute. After about a minute add bell peppers and saute bell peppers for another minute. Now add mushrooms and saute the mixture for another couple of minutes.
- Reduce the flame to medium low and add chilly flakes, black pepper and salt.
- Cook till veggies become dry and tender. It would take about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer veggies in a bowl and let it cool down for some time.
- In the meanwhile take a bread slice (crust removed) and roll it from all the side with a rolling pin.
- Next, you can make these French toast rolls in any of the two ways:
- Option 1: Cream cheese version: Coat one side of bread with a thin layer of cream cheese. Add a spoonful veggie mixture. Make a tight roll as shown in the video and keep them aside.
- Option 2: Mozzarella cheese version: For this first add cheese to the veggie mixture and mix it nicely. Now take a spoonful of mixture and put it on one side of the rolled bread, roll it from one side to another and make a tight roll. At the end use some water to stick the roll.
- Now the rolls are ready, now for making the batter break two eggs in a bowl. Add salt and whisk till it becomes uniform.
- Now in a medium hot pan add butter.
- Dip each roll in egg batter and cook them till they become golden brown from all the sides.
- Serve French toast roll with your favorite dip, chutney or ketchup.
2. Always cook this French toast roll on medium heat as eggs burns very fast.
3. Be careful while adding salt as we added salt multiple times in this recipe.