Quinoa Kheer | Quinoa Pudding: Creamy dessert made with quinoa, milk and condense milk, flavored with elaichi and saffron and garnished with nuts. Serve this quinoa kheer hot or cold. It tastes delicious both ways. Quinoa seeds are high in protein and fiber. I often use them in my breakfast, lunch and dinner. They all are salty recipes so thought of trying something sweet with quinoa. I tried this quinoa kheer and it came out delicious so thought of making quick video for my viewers.
Rice kheer and vermicelli (seviyan) kheer are popular desserts in India and made very often for festivals, parties and get-togethers. If you want to try something different try this quinoa kheer. I am sure you will love it.
I have also posted a very simple and instant ladoo kheer recipe, fruit cream, chocolate laddu which is also a great option for party, get-together or as an everyday dessert.
- 1 tsp Butter
- ⅓ cup Quinoa
- ⅓ cup Water
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 1½ cup Milk
- 10 Saffron Strings
- ⅓ cup Condensed Milk
- 5 Almonds
- 5 Cashew
- 5 Pistachio
- 2 pinch Cardamom Powder
- Dry roast nuts on medium low heat till you get nice roasted smell. Let them cool down for few minutes and then chop them in small pieces.
- Dissolve kesar or saffron in warm milk till you get nice color. Wash quinoa 2-3 times in water and drain out the water.
- In a medium hot pan add butter and quinoa and roast it for few minutes. After few minutes of roasting add water and 1/3 cup of milk.
- Let it boil, change the heat to medium low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or till quinoa becomes soft.
- Once quinoa is soft add rest of the milk, cardamom powder, saffron mixture and increase the heat to medium.
- Stir it frequently and let the kheer boil for 7-8 minutes and then add condense milk. Stir and cook for additional 7-8 minutes. After that add chopped nuts and cook for another minute or two.
- Switch off the heat and Quinoa kheer is ready to serve hot. To Serve it chilled, keep it in the refrigerator for couple of hours.