Veg parcels or veg pouches recipe with step by step instructional video: Vegetable pouches or veg parcels is a quick snack or appetizer which you can be made for parties or get-togethers. Serve these cute veg pouches hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup. I make these veg pouches often as most of the ingredients used in making these pouches are handy and available at home. You can always change the stuffing and every time make these veg pouches with a new taste.Making these vegetable pouches is very easy and quick as I used ready-made wonton sheets to make the cover. These wonton sheets are easily available in super markets but if you cannot find wonton sheets you can also use samosa sheet or spring roll sheet to make them.Today I made veg parcels or pouches with veggie and paneer stuffing which gives these pouches nice spicy taste. As an alternate stuffing you can use peas, carrots, beans and potato mixture. If you are making these veg parcels for kids snacks you can add some grated cheese along with the veggies in the stuffing. This stuffing can be made ahead of time, so you can just prepare the pouches and deep fry them when you like to eat them.
Before deep frying make sure that the pouches are stick properly otherwise they may open in oil. These veg parcels or pouches cook very soon so keep an eye and don’t overcook them.
I like to serve these veg pouches or parcels hot with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
- 12 Wonton Sheets
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ cup Onion fine chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum fine chopped
- ½ cup Potato mashed
- ½ cup Paneer grated
- ¼ cup Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- ½ tsp Dry Mango Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ALl-purpose Flour for paste
- Water for paste
- Heat 1 tsp of oil at medium heat. Once oil is hot add cumin seeds.
- As cumin seeds sizzle add onion and capsicum. Saute till onion,capsicum turn pink and become little soft.
- Now add paneer, potato, coriander, green chilly and salt. Mix everything. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a meanwhile take maida in a bowl and add little water at a time and make a thick paste.
- Once the mixture cools down completely take one wonton sheet and put some veggie stuffing in the center.
- Put the all purpose flour paste and apply all over the sides with your fingers and fold the sheet as shown in the video.
- Deep fry the pouches at medium hot oil till they become golden brown and crispy from all the sides.