Petha Sweethearts/ Petha Sandesh recipe with step by step video instructions. Very quick instant no cook sweet dish or dessert which can be made in minutes. Petha sweethearts are basically made with petha (Indian Sweet-Candied Pumpkin) and Paneer. It is instant sweet that does not require any cooking and can be made in 10 minutes. It resembles and tastes similar to Sandesh which is a very famous Bengali sweet and made in many varieties like chocolate sandesh, cashew sandesh, pista sandesh and more. So you can also call this one as Petha Sandesh.The recipe of making petha sandesh or sweethearts is very easy. Just mix grated paneer and petha together (I used food coloring to make them colorful which is recommend but optional), make balls, stuff them with nuts mixture and give them the desired shape. TADA! its ready :).
I like to serve them little cold so I just freeze them for 15-20 minutes before serving. You can store these cuties in fridge in air tight container for almost a week. In fact I feel they taste even more delicious and tempting after couple of days in the fridge.
Petha Sandesh or sweethearts taste super scrumptious. It’s no cooking recipe so you can also involve your kids to make them. Make these petha sweethearts for your sweet heats :). I am sure they will love it. I always love making instant and quick desserts.
- ¾ cup Petha grated
- 1¼ cup Paneer grated
- 2 tbsp Chopped Nuts almonds+cashew
- Dry Coconut/ Desiccated Coconut
- Food Colour optional
- In a plate mix together grated petha, grated paneer and desired food coloring. Knead the mixture till it becomes smooth.
- Take some mixture in hand and make a ball shape.
- Pat it to a small disc and put some chopped nuts in the center.Gently cover all the stuffing from all the sides and roll it again.
- Make it a hearty shape as shown in the video. Cover it with coconut.
- Once all the hearts are ready put them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy them right away or store them in fridge for later.
- Grate petha from the medium size of the grater. If they are too small they may release extra water while mixing and make our sweethearts soft.
- Adding food coloring is optional but I recommend making them in soft colors to give that visual appeal.
- Use very gentle hand in rolling and giving shape to petha sweethearts.
- I gave them heart shape but you can also make any shape like balls, cylindrical or like peda.
- Freezing them for 15-20 minutes will make petha sandesh firm and cold.
- You can store them in fridge in air tight container for almost a week.