Chutney cheese toast recipe with step by step instructional video. Quick and easy to do cheese toast recipe to make for breakfast or snack. Cheese toasts can be made in many varieties. I have already posted the recipe of egg cheese toast recipe (one of the favorite kids snack) and paneer moong toast recipe (very healthy and filling) and now chutney cheese toast which is little spicy and very yummy and very different from my other toast recipes. I like this Chutney cheese toast as it is spicy, aromatic and cheesy. The fresh green chutney made with garlic, coriander, green chilly and lemon juice gives very nice kick and flavors to this toast. You can also add some ginger and mint along with other ingredients to make even more flavorful chutney for a strong aromatic toast. This toast can easily be converted in sandwich. For that after putting topping on one bread cover it with another bread. Brush little butter on the sides and grill it on pan or in a sandwich toaster.You can make these chutney cheese toasts for a quick breakfast, snack or as a party appetizer. I have used whole wheat brown bread to make this chutney cheese toast but you can also use white or multigrain bread. Also I have used grated mozzarella cheese to make chutney cheese toast, As an alternate you can also use cheddar or any other plain cheese. This chutney cheese toast is made in oven, if you do not have oven you can also use pan or tava. For this after lightly toasting bread on tava or pan add all the topping and put it again on pan on very low heat. Cover the pan and let the toast cook till cheese melts and toast becomes crispy. Make sure bread does not get burn from down. While making chutney cheese toast it is very important that chutney should not be watery, it should be very thick so that when you apply it on bread, it does not make bread soggy.
CHutney Cheese Toast
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves roughly chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3 Green Chilli
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 piece Bread Slices
- ½ cup Corn Kernels
- ½ cup Paneer diced in small cubes
- ½ cup Onion fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- In a mixer or blender add all the chutney ingredients and very little water. Grind it to thick paste (chutney).
- Slightly toast the bread slices from both sides on pan or toaster and apply little butter on both the sides.
- In a bowl mix together chutney, corns, onions and paneer pieces. Place bread pieces on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put generous amount of chutney and veggie mixture on the breads. Top them with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil them for 3-4 minutes or till the cheese melts. Serve them hot and crisp.
- Chutney should be very thick. Add as little water as possible to make chutney.
- Toast bread lightly with butter from both the sides before adding the toppings.
- While broiling our aim is just to melt the cheese so keep an eye and do not burn the toast.
- You can add more veggies like bell peppers, deseeded tomatoes or any other veggie mix in making this toast.
- If you are making this toast for kids you can use very little chilly powder and skip green chillies.
- Serve this toast hot