Egg Cheese Toast Recipe – A quick and easy snack or breakfast that can be made in minutes. This egg cheese toast recipe is also part of my Indian breakfast recipes and Indian kids snacks recipes series. Make these yummy egg cheese toast for party starter, evening snacks and serve them with your favorite dip. I love using bread as a base in many of my recipes. My kids love eggs too. So I thought why not combine egg and bread and make something new. That’s how this egg toast recipe came in my mind. And when I topped it with loads of cheese it became a winner recipe at my home. I also often make it as party appetizer or snack. You can make them ahead of time and bake them when guests arrive. This egg cheese toast recipe is super simple. Just top lightly toasted bread with eggs, cheese mixture and bake/ broil them till cheese melts. You can add more or less cheese in making these egg cheese toast based on your preference. You can also mix some veggies like capsicum, corns in the cheese mixture. I have used mixture of monetary, jack and cheddar cheeses. You can also use mozzarella cheese in this recipe. Also in place white bread you can use whole wheat or multi-grain bread. You can also see some more quick non-fried breakfast recipes like shahi poha, oats cutlets, bread uttapam, veg cheese sandwich, idli fry in my blog. They are all very filling and can be made quickly. As I already said I love using bread in my recipes. I have also posted chutney cheese toast and moong paneer toast and now this egg cheese toast. They all are very different to each other in taste and ingredients.
EGG CHEESE TOAST
- 3 Bread Slices
- ½ cup Cheese grated
- 2 tbsp Onion fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 Eggs Boiled & cut in circles
- ½ tso Red Chilli Flakes
- Boil eggs and cut in circles and keep them aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix together cheese, onions, chilly flakes and coriander leaves.
- Apply butter on both sides of the bread and lightly toast them from both side. Take a baking tray and lined it with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Arrange toasted bread pieces on it. Now top the bread pieces with boiled egg pieces.
- Sprinkle some salt, and pepper on it. Now top them with generous amount of cheese mixture.
- Put the oven on broil at 500 F or 250 C for 3-5 minutes or till the cheese melts.Make sure to keep an eye as cheese melts very fast.
- Once done take them out and cut them in pieces. Serve egg cheese toast with your favorite dip.