Pani for Pani Puri / Golgappa Pani Recipe: This spicy and flavorful water is the second most important part of famous Indian street side snack (chaat) pani puri. If you are in India or planning to visit India the must thing to try is Chaat. You will find street vendors selling spicy, chatpate, mazedaar chaat in small stalls called thela in Hindi. And if you are not visiting India then don’t worry. I made this pani for pani puri with fresh herbs and spices and no ready made powder mix used. I believe powers mixes destroy the authentic taste of such recipes. Especially when it is so simple to make it at home with most of the ingredients easily available at home.
Pani for panipuri
- ¾ cup Mint Leaves
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves
- 1-2 Green Chilli or according to taste
- ½ inch Ginger
- ⅛ Asafoetida
- 8-10 Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Rock Salt
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- Salt according to taste
- 1 Lemon large
- 2½ cup Water
- Add fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilly, ginger pieces, asafoetida, black pepper corns, rock salt, roasted cumin powder and salt in a mixer jar.
- Now squeeze almost one large lemon juice in the mixture add little water to help it grind.
- Grind the mixture to the thin paste dd the remaining water.
- Taste and adjust lemon juice, chilly and salt based on your taste preferences.
- Spicy flavorful (chatpata) pani for pani puri is ready to be enjoyed with crisp pani puris.