Gulab Jamun recipe with ready made instant mix (Gits): Easy no fail gulab jamun recipe which can be done in a jiffy. This gulab jamun recipe does not need many ingredients, it is very very easy to do and best of all results are awesome. Gulab jamun is a famous Indian sweet which is now made in many ways. Many of my friends requested this recipe so I thought of making quick step by step video on how to make gulab jamun from a ready made instant mix. I used Gits Instant gulab jamun mix in this recipe but you can also make it with any other instant mix. Though this recipe is very easy yet it requires some tricks to make them perfect. I covered them in detail here and also in my video. Gulab jamuns are also made from khoya (traditional method) and evaporated milk powder. Normally gulab jamuns made with instant mix are much softer, melt in mouth and juicier than the ones made with khoya or mava. If you keep in mind few tricks and tips these gulab jamuns are a breeze to do.
Instant Gulab Jamun Recipe
- 2 cups Gulab Jamun Mix
- ½ cup Luke Warm Milk
- Oil for frying
- 4 cup Sugar
- 4½ cup Water
- 8-10 Saffron Strings optional
- Take a big vessel and add sugar and water and boil it for 12-15 minute till mixture becomes thick.
- Here we do not want thread mixture but it should be little thick and should not taste watery. Once done switch off the heat and keep it aside.
- Now in a bowl take gulab jamun mix. Add warm milk and mix it well. Cover and leave the mixture for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes take the mixture and knead it like a dough. It should be very soft but you can still make balls out of it.
- Now take some oil in your hands and rub it between your palms.
- Take small amount of gulab jamun mixture, gently press it between your palms and roll it to make a small ball as shown in video.
- Make sure there are no cracks in the ball otherwise they will break in sugar syrup.
- Now heat the oil at medium heat and deep fry these gulab jamun till they are nice golden brown.
- Put these fried gulab jamun in warm (not boiling hot but hot enough) sugar syrup and leave them for almost 30 minutes.
- Gulab Jamuns are ready to serve. Serve them warm with little sugar syrup.
- You can knead the gulab jamun dough with either with water or milk. I prefer adding milk as it gives richer taste.
- Make sugar syrup in big vessel so that gulab jamun get enough space to expand in the sugar syrup.
- Sugar syrup should be boiled for almost 12-15 minutes. Once it becomes thick switch off the heat. You can also taste it, it should not taste watery.
- you can add saffron strands or elaychi powder for more taste in syrup.
- Make sure there are no cracks in the balls otherwise they will not cook evenly and will also break in sugar syrup.
- Put the gulab jamun in warm sugar syrup. If syrup is cold gulab jamun will not absorb, if it’s too hot gulab jamun skin will come out.
Hi Shilpi , can i deep fry in ghee instead of oil .
Hi….which cup you are using for quantity
regular measuring cup.