Egg Biryani Recipe: Step by step easy to follow video recipe of egg biryani. This egg biryani is made with rice, eggs, spices and vegetables. Biryani is one of the most famous main course meals in Indian cuisine. There are many ways to make biryani like veg biryani, chicken biryani, fish biryani, mutton biryani, egg biryani and many more. Talking about today’s egg biryani recipe, it is made in few simple steps. Do not get scared with big ingredient list as most of them are easily available at home. I often make this for my friends and they just love it. To make egg biryani I always use basmati rice as it has particular smell that goes very well with other biryani ingredients. In most of the biryani recipes rice and veggies are cooked separately and then they are layered in a separate pot and cooked again. To speed up the process I cooked everything together which saves lots of time and effort. Also I think rice tastes better when it is cooked along with spices and veggies. One important thing to remember while making egg biryani is that rice should not be over cooked. It should be little hard and hold its shape otherwise biryani will not taste good. I like to cook rice till it is 90 percent done. Then I switch off the heat and let it be on dum for another five to the minutes. That will make perfectly non mushy but cooked rice.
- 2 cup Basmati Rice
- 5 Egg
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Small Cardamom
- 1 Big Cardamom
- 8-10 Cloves
- 8-10 Black Pepper Corn
- 2-3 Cinnamon Sticks small
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 8-10 Garlic Clove
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilli slit
- ½ cup Mint Leaves
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tomato large size
- 1½ cup Onion
- ¼ cup Curd
- 2½ tbsp Biryani Masala
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 4 cups Water
- Wash and soak rice for an hour in water. After one hour strain the rice and keep it aside.
- Boil eggs, peel them and prick them with the help of toothpick. Keep them aside.
- In a mortar and pestle take dry spices- small and big cardamom, cumin seeds, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, bay leaf and grind them to coarse powder.
- Take the mixture out in a bowl and keep it aside. Now make coarse mixture of ginger garlic in mortar and pestle. Keep it aside.
- Thinly slice onion and keep it aside. Chop tomatoes in small pieces and keep them aside. Fine chop coriander and mint leaves and keep them aside too.
- Now heat the oil in a big pan. Once oil is hot add boiled eggs. Saute and fry eggs till they are nice golden brown.
- Take them out in a bowl and keep them aside. In the same oil add onions, saute and cook till the get little browning color.
- Now add green chilly, ginger garlic, mix well and cook till onions are nice brown in color.
- Once onions turn brown add ground masala powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder, chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Mix everything, cover it and let it cook till oil separates. Saute it couple of times to avoid burning.
- Once mixture loses oil add curd and mix thoroughly otherwise curd will curdle.
- After stirring for a minute add half of the coriander and mint leaves and mix again. Now add eggs stir them, decrease the heat, cover the pan and let the eggs cook in gravy for some time.
- Keep stirring it after every few seconds to avoid burning. After 2 minutes add biryani masala and mix well. Then add rice, rest of the mint and coriander leaves.
- Mix everything and cook for about two minutes. Keep stirring every few seconds to avoid burning.
- Now add water and check the salt. If necessary add salt. Now increase the heat to high and let it boil.
- As soon as it boils reduce the heat to medium low, cover and let the biryani cook on dum for 7-8 minutes.
- After 7 minutes stir biryani gently, cover it again and let it cook again for 9-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes switch off the heat and rest it rest for 5-10 minutes. After 10 minutes take a fork a gently fluff the biryani.
- Egg biryani is ready to serve. Serve it with chilled butter milk or raita.