Egg Puff Pastry: Crispy, flaky egg puffs just like bakery, made with pastry sheet, spicy masala and eggs. Egg puffs is a common snack served in Indian bakeries. Whenever I do go my home town I never miss a chance to have one. It is perfect house party and potluck snack as it is quick and very easy to do. You can prepare egg puffs ahead of time and just bake them as guests arrive.Today I have used readymade pastry sheet to make these Indian style egg puffs. You can make different kinds of puffs like veg puff pastry or aloo puff pastry which are made by stuffing spicy potato masala in pastry sheet. And if you like non-veg you can try chicken puff and mutton puff they are also pretty popular. I gave egg puffs a square shape but you can make it in any shape you like. When you make puff make sure that your pastry sheets are at room temperature. Whenever I want to make egg puff I take the pastry sheet out from the freezer at least 2 hours before baking. And thaw them on my counter top. Also preheat the oven first and then bake them.
- ⅔ cup Onion chopped
- ½ cup Capsicum chopped
- ⅔ cup Tomatoes chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Ginger & Garlic fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 Egg cut into two pieces
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- Heat oil in pan. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Now add ginger garlic and cook till raw smell of garlic is gone.
- Now add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or till onions turn pink. Now add bell pepper, salt and cook till they become little soft.
- Now add turmeric powder, mix and add chopped tomatoes. Saute well, cover and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Mix them couple of times so that they does not stick to the pan. Once tomatoes are soft enough add coriander powder, garam masala and red chilly powder.
- Mix it again and cook till veggie mixture is dry. When mixture becomes dry take it out in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Once mixture is cold enough take one pastry sheet. Put veggie mixture in the center, now put half piece of egg on top, and sprinkle some chilly flakes, some salt.
- Hold the corners and put them together as shown in video. Pinch the sides gently so that they don’t open while baking.
- Arrange them in a greased tray and bake them in pre heated oven at 380 F or 190C for 15 to 18 minutes or till they become nice golden brown.
- Serve these delicious egg puffs with spicy green chutney or ketchup.