Mushroom curry made with simple spices available at home. Just follow my step by step video to make lip smacking, spicy restaurant style mushroom curry. Do try this mushroom masala curry and let us know how it turns out. Mushroom is my family favorite. I make them in many ways. Do check out my baked stuffed mushrooms, which is made by stuffing mushrooms with veggies and cheese, mushroom spinach curry where mushrooms are cooked in onion, tomato and spinach gravy, Kadai mushrooms , where mushroom is made in same way as kadai paneer. I also use them in pizza, tortilla spring rolls and sandwiches. They are very versatile, full of protein and always taste yum.For today’s mushroom curry recipe I cooked them in onion tomato and garlic gravy, flavored with kasoori methi and spices. I like to keep the gravy little thick and spicy. You can change the consistency of the gravy according to your preferences. But do not add water till mushrooms are fully cooked otherwise mushrooms will become soggy. You can enjoy it with jeera rice, naan, kulcha, rumali roti or parathas. It tastes super yum. While making this mushroom masala curry it is very important that onions should cook till they are nice brown otherwise they will not dissolve in gravy and will not taste good. Also instead of cream I have added milk but if you like you can add cream. Here it is important that you use boiled milk otherwise it will curdle and mushroom curry will not taste good. This Indian style mushroom curry recipe tastes just like what we get in restaurant. If you want you can also add some boiled green peas and convert it to “restaurant style matar mushrooms”.
- 14-15 Mushroom
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 4-5 Garlic Clove
- 1 cup Tomato chopped
- ½ inch Ginger chopped
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 Cloves
- 8-10 Black Pepper Corn
- 1 Small Cardamom
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder
- Cumin Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- ½ cup Milk boiled
- Wash and cut each mushrooms in four pieces and keep them aside.
- Crush black pepper, cloves and small cardamom and keep it aside. Crush ginger garlic in mortar pestle or you can grate them and keep them aside.
- Heat wok or kadai on medium high heat and add oil. As the oil gets hot add crushed pepper, cloves and cardamom.
- Now add chopped onions, stir and add salt. Cook till onions are brown in color. Saute them after every few minutes to avoid burning.
- Once onions turns brown add Kashmiri lal mirch and turmeric powder.
- Mix them well and add tomatoes. Saute, mix and cover the kadai and let the tomatoes become soft and cook till masala starts loosing oil.
- Keep stirring after every few minutes as we are cooking on high heat and masala may burn fast.
- Once masala starts loosing oil add kasoori methi, red chilly powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Mix them well. And slowly add milk and keep stirring otherwise milk will curdle. Cook till masala stars loosing oil again.
- Now add chopped mushrooms mix well, cover and cook mushrooms with spices till they become little soft.
- Now add very little water or no water as required. Mushroom masala is ready to serve.