French fries is one of the most famous fast food snack around the world. My kids just love them so I prefer them making at home. Fresh, crisp homemade French fries. Just dip them in ketchup or mayonnaise and taste the divine. This is easy French fries recipe which is made with very few ingredients. If your family is a fan of French fries then it is a must try for you. It includes very simple steps to make crispy mcdonalds style French fries at home. First is cutting them in sticks. you can cut in thick or thin sticks according to your choice. Second is to soaking them in sugar water which makes them very crisp and also give them nice color. Also soaking them in water gets rid of excess starch that makes them super crispy. Third and fourth steps are to deep fry French fries twice. First fry them in hot oil for 2-3 minutes till they are little firm and remove them from oil and let them come down at room temperature. This will make them cook till inside. Now deep fry them again in hot oil till they are crisp and golden brown. You can season them with some sea salt or you can also turn them to garlic French Fries or seasoned French Fries. Whatever is the seasoning they are always hit in parties, get together or simply while watching movie with your family.
- 3-4 Potato
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 cups Water
- Peel potatoes and cut them into sticks by cutting each potato vertical in 3-4 pieces first and then cutting further into sticks.
- Mix sugar and water in a large bowl. Dip the potato sticks in water. Put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours and allow them to soak.
- After 2 -3 hours take them out and drain off the water. Lay the potatoes on large tray lined with paper towel. Gently pat them dry.
- Heat oil in pan/ kadai or wok (medium high). Dip one potato stick. If you can see bubbles, put the potatoes in batches and cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- At this point, they should not be brown. Take them out and let them cool down to room temperature.
- Once potatoes come to room temperature heat the oil again at high heat. Again test it by dipping one potato stick. If you see bubbles you are ready to fry.
- Fry potatoes in batches till they are golden brown and crisp. Remove them from oil and sprinkle some salt or other seasoning. Serve them hot and crisp with mayonnaise or ketchup.
- Soak potato sticks in water and put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Dry the sticks completely before frying otherwise it will cool down the temperature of oil and fries will not cook properly.
- While frying them for first time don’t make them brown. We want them to cook little bit and let them cool down till they come to room temperature.
- While frying for the second time make sure oil is very hot. Fry them till they are golden brown and crisp.