Soya chunk curry is a simple gravy made with soya chunks or soya granules. This soya chunk gravy can be served with roti, chapatti or parathas. Sabzis like gatte ki sabzi , chana masala, soya chunk curry comes out handy when you run out of veggies. It is made in smooth onion tomato gravy with few spices easily available at home. To make it creamy and delicious just like restaurant gravy I have added some cashew paste and yogurt. All in all it’s a simple yet healthy and flavorful curry. Soya granules comes in many sizes. In this soya chunk curry I have used small sized soya granules. Soya chunks or granules are made from soya protein, soya flour or concentrate. They have same amount of protein as meat and eggs. They are very healthy and if you have diabetes you should include in your diet one way or another.
Soya Chunk Curry
- 1 cup Soya Chunks
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ⅔ cup Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ cup Tomato; puree
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Cashew Paste 3 tbsp cashews + ¼ cup of warm milk
- 3 tbsp Curd
- In boiling water add soya chunks. Mix it well and boil for five minutes.
- After five minutes switch off the heat, wash soya chunks in cold water and drain the extra water out.
- Once it is cold enough to touch, squeeze the water out of chunks and keep them aside.
- In a mixer, blend together cashews and milk till they become fine paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in wok/kadai and add oil. Once oil is hot enough add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add chopped onions. Cook till they are light brown. Now add ginger garlic paste, mix it well and cook till onion turns nice brown in color.
- Now add tomato puree, mix, and cover and cook till tomatoes loses oil.
- Once tomatoes starts losing oil add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, garam masala, cashew paste and yogurt and mix well.
- Cook till masala loses oil again and then add soya chunks. Cook soya chunks with masala for five minutes and then add water.
- Mix well and boil the gravy for few minutes. Garnish them with onion rings and fine chopped coriander leaves. Serve soya chunk curry hot with rice, rotis or parathas.