Bread Rolls Recipe: A quick crisp snack made with bread and potato. Make these potato bread rolls for kids snacks, after school, evening snacks. They are always super hit. Like samosa, kachori , bread rolls are one of the most common and famous Indian snacks which is loved by everyone. My Mom makes world’s best bread rolls and this is her recipe. I have been eating bread rolls since my childhood and now I make them for my kids. Bread rolls are made in many ways. In this recipe I have sautéed potatoes before stuffing them but in my other bread roll recipe I just mixed spices in boiled mashed potatoes without roasting them. If you are in hurry that also works good. You can even make noodles bread rolls with leftover noodles. Making bread rolls is simple, easy and quick. And if you have boiled potatoes in fridge you can make them in jiffy. You can use any wheat or white bread to make bread rolls.
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Green Chilli
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 8-10 Bread Slices
- 2 cups Potato mashed
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- For making chutney, add coriander leaves, garlic, chilly, salt, cumin seeds, water, and lemon juice in a mixer grinder.
- Grind it to a thin paste. For making stuffing, heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and let them sizzle for some time.
- Now add onions, mix well and cook till onions are little soft.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala, dry mango powder and mix them.
- Add boiled mashed potatoes, coriander leaves, green chilly, salt and mix everything till you smell all the spices and everything mingles together.
- It may take 7-8 minutes. Once potatoes are nicely roasted switch off the heat and transfer them in a bowl and let them cool down completely before making rolls.
- For making bread rolls, divide the potato mixture in small log shapes (once mixture is cold)
- Now take bread pieces and cut all the brown edges. Take a plate and fill it with water, add some salt and mix it well.
- Now take bread piece and dip it in salted water from both the side for few seconds.
- Hold the bread piece between your palms and squeeze the water out. Now put potato mixture in center, fold it and make a roll as shown in video.
- Deep fry them in hot oil till they are golden brown and crisp.