Vegetable hakka noodles recipe with a quick video. Hakka noodles are one of the most popular Indo Chinese foods in India. You can also call them veg Chow mein . Hakka noodles are loved by both adults and kids alike. I and my kids love Chinese food. I often make hakka noodles at home for dinner. I also pack them for my kids lunch box. For this I boil noodles and chop veggies ahead of time and pack them in airtight container. In the morning I just saute them together. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare lunch box. For making veg hakka noodles make sure you cut veggies very thin in julienne. We are going to fry them for 2-3 minutes on very high heat to keep the crunch. Don’t cook them for long time otherwise veggies will release water and will become soggy. I like to add only soya sauce, vinegar and green chilly sauce in hakka noodles but if you like sweet and sour taste you can also add some tomato ketchup. Also it is very important here that noodles should be cooked only 80% as we cook them further with veggies.
Veg Hakka Noodles
- ½ cup Carrot cut in thin long slices
- ½ cup Capsicum cut in thin long slices
- ½ cup Onion cut in thin long slices
- ½ inch Ginger cut in thin long slices
- 2 tbsp Green Onion cut in thin long slices
- 1-2 tsp Green Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Black Pepper Powder
- Boil water, add 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp oil and noodles. Boil noodles till they are 80 percent done.
- Sieve the water out and wash noodles in cold water and keep them aside. Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok/ kadai or pan on high heat.
- Add ginger and fry them for few seconds. Now add onions, capsicum, carrots and cabbage.
- Mix well and cook them for 2 minutes on high flame. Now add noodles, soya sauce, chilly sauce, vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix well and cook on high flame for four to five minutes. Hakka Noodles are ready.
- Garnish with fine chopped green onions. Serve them hot.
- For perfect hakka noodles cook veggies and noodles on high heat .
- Cook noodles only 80% first time. Do not over cook them.
- Cut veggies in thin slices so that they can cook fast.
- You can add some green chillies and red chilly powder if you like spicy.
- Also if you like sweet and sour taste add tomato ketchup.