Aloo vada or aloo bonda vada is very different in taste and made with very few ingredients available at home. Aloo vada or batata vada is a quick variation of famous snack aloo bonda, just simplified to be able to make in minutes.
Aloo bonda is a famous Indian snack. It is often served with pav and spicy dry lehsun ki chutney as vada pav which a famous breakfast or snack. This aloo vada or batata vada recipe is a simplified variation of the same aloo bonda. I ate these aloo bonda vada (or wada) at my friend’s house and totally fell in love with them. The smell of fresh spices and herbs makes them super flavorful and scrumptious.
These bonda vadas can be made in just 15 minutes, if you have boiled potatoes in your fridge. Just mix all the ingredients together and aloo bonda vada or batata vada is ready to fry. I really recommend using fresh ingredients like coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic, curry leaves and coriander leaves to make sure that the strong flavor of this recipe is not missed. I like to serve batata vada with spicy chilli garlic chutney. You can also serve it with pav, bread or parathas and convert it to a full meal.
Aloo Bonda Vada
- 8-10 Dry Red Chillies
- 7-8 Garlic Clove
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- 3 Potato boiled & peeled
- ¼ cup Gram Flour
- ¼ cup Onion fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Rava
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves fine chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1-2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Break red chilly in two pieces and take out the seeds. Soak them in hot water for 20 minutes.
- After two minutes take a mixer jar and put red chili along with 2-3 tbsp of water. Add salt, garlic, sugar and lemon juice.
- Grind to paste. Chutney is ready. Keep it aside.
- Take mortar pestle and crush cumin seeds and dhania seeds to coarse powder. Now break potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add cumin coriander powder, gram flour, sooji, onions, chili flakes, turmeric powder, ginger garlic, coriander and curry leaves and salt.
- Mix them well. Mixture is ready. Cover and keep it in fridge for 20 minutes. After twenty minutes take out the mixture from fridge.
- Grease your palms with some oil. Take small portions of the mixture and shape them to vada shapes.
- Now heat the oil at medium heat. Once oil is hot enough deep fry vadas till they are golden brown and crisp. Serve hot with spicy garlic chutney.
I make these bonda whenever I have friends over. Let me know in the comment section with which side dish do you like to serve these aloo vadas.