Kachoris are made in many ways. These kachoris are very different from each other in making and in taste. And trust me each of them is worth trying.This is a new addition in my kachori list. Since it is made with besan and suji and named it suji besan ke kachori. It is a unique recipe and you will find it anywhere else. I like this suji besan ki kachori as it is quick, easy and very very yummy. You can serve it with ketchup or spicy green chutney. I prefer serving it hot but you can also serve it warm.
Suji Besan Kachori
- 2 Potato boiled
- ½ cup Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- ½ cup Rava
- ½ cup Gram Flour
- ½ tsp Carom Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 cup Water
- In a bowl take mashed and boiled potatoes and add coriander leaves, green chilli, onions and salt. Mix them well.
- Now divide them in 12 equal portions. Roll them in balls and keep them aside. Now in a mixing bowl ,mix together suji, besan and little salt.
- Add little water at a time and make thin smooth batter. Heat the kadai/ wok at medium high heat and add 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add carom seeds and cumin seeds and let them crackle. Now add haldi, lal mirch and dhania powder and mix well.
- Add suji besan mixture and stir it continuously. We need to cook it till it becomes thick and leaves the sides of wok.
- Once mixture is thick add 1 tsp of oil, mix well and switch off the heat. Take out the mixture in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Once mixture is cold divide it in 12 equal parts. Take one part, rub it between your palms to make it smooth.
- Now roll it to a ball and make a disc shape. Put the potato stuffing in the center and cover it gently from all the sides.
- With very gentle hands smooth the kachori so there are no visible cracks. Make all the kachoris in the same way.
- Heat the oil at medium high flame. Deep fry few kachoris at a time till they become crisp and golden brown from both sides. Suji besan kachori is ready to serve.