Suji Pakora Recipe | Easy & Crispy Snack Recipe | Fritters or pakoda are integral part of Indian cuisine. Mostly pakoras are made of besan or gram flour and veggies. To give it a little twist I have made these pakoras with sooji today.
These yummy pakoras do not need any preparation in advance. If you have sudden guests at home you can make these snacks in jiffy. You can add any vegetables like capsicum, green onions, corns, tomatoes in these suji or rava pakoras. Just make sure to chop them fine. You can also add crushed peanuts and fine chopped coconut to give them nutty flavor and texture. Also, here make sure to add baking soda in suji pakoras. If you don’t have baking soda you can also use eno powder as replacement. Make sure to beat the batter well just before dropping pakoras in oil that will make the batter fluffy and pakoras will become crisp from outside and spongy from inside.
- 1.5 cup Rava
- ¼ cup Peanuts crushed
- Green Chillli, ginger fine chopped
- ½ cup Onion fine chopped
- ¼ cup Curd
- Chilli Flakes
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves fine chopped
- 2 Tomato
- Coriander Leaves
- 2 Green Chilli
- Garlic Clove
- In a mixing bowl take sooji, peanuts, green chilli, onions, curd, chilli flakes, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Mix them well and add little water at a time and make a thick batter.
- Whip well and the keep the batter for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes mix again.
- Check the consistency of batter if its too thick add little water.
- Now heat the oil in kadai or pan at medium heat.
- Drop small size pokoras in hot oil, let them cook for few minutes.
- Once they become fluffy and little brown turn them over.
- Cook them from both side till they become brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Crispy suji pakora or rawa pakora is ready to serve.
- In a grinder add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Make a smooth paste without adding water.
This is a quick and easy recipe. Let me know in the comment section how you liked the recipe.
You May Also Like:
Moong Dal Bhajia