Chawal ke vade or rice vada recipe with step by step instructions. Enjoy this hot , spicy and mazedaar rice vada’s with coconut chutney, green chutney or with sambhar. I have used left over rice to make these crispy rice vadas. You can also see my recipe of chawal ke pakore which is a quick snack made with left over rice. These two recipes are very different from each other and very yummy. Rice vada is a instant recipe. It does not require any soaking . You will take max 10 minutes to put everything together and just fry them. In making these chawel ke vade you can also use veggies like fine chopped carrots and onions. Whenever you have leftover rice and guests come over suddenly do try these rice vada and I am sure they will love it. I have also posted rava vada which is also a instant vada recipe. Sambhar vada is a famous South Indian snack which is made by soaking urad daland grinding it . I love these rava vadas and rice vadas as they are instant , quick and easy. I have also posted other recipes like Kuttu Aloo Vada, Moong Dal Bhajia, Aloo Bread Cutlet and many more. A Do try them and if possible do share your feedback.
- ½ cup Suji
- ½ inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- ⅛ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves fine chopped
- 8-10 Pepper Corns crushed
- 2 tbsp Thick Curd
- Grind rice or chawal in mixy and keep aside. In a mixing bowl take sooji, coriander and curry leaves, cumin and peper corns, grated ginger, fine chopped green chilli chawal, baking soda and salt.
- Mix them nicely, cover it and let it rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes grease your hands with oil.
- Now take small portion of the batter and roll it between your palms. With the help of index finger make a small hole in center. Smooth the vada from all side.
- Now heat the oil at medium high heat and drop 2-3 vadas at a time and fry it for some time.
- Once it is slightly cooked turn it over and cook them till they are golden brown from both the sides.
- Once they are crisp from both the sides take them out on a paper towel. Serve hot and crisp chawal ke vade with sambhar or coconut chutney or green chutney.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked the recipe.