Aloo pakora recipe with step by step video. Learn to make crisp aloo pakora or aloo bhajji with very easy method. These aloo pakora are perfect evening snacks with tea. Pakora or fritters is one of the most common snack in Indian cuisine. Traditionally gram flour or besan batter is used for coating vegetables and then deep fried in oil. Most famous are onion pakoras, spinach pakora and mix veg pakoras and aloo pakoras. In my blog you can also find variety of other pakoras which are very different, easy and quick. Talking about today’s aloo ke pakore recipe, it is very different from traditional pakora recipe. here I have marinaded the potatoes first so that they don’t taste blend in pakoras. Also I have added some rice flour to the batter which gives aloo pakoras extra crispness. Baking soda added to get that fluffy texture. If you don’t have it add eno powder or baking powder instead. I like to serve these pakoras with spicy green coriander chutney or coconut chutney. Do try it once and I am sure you will love this recipe. Do share your feedback and I will love to read them.
Aloo Pakoda Recipe
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 2 Potato big size
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds
- Salt according to taste
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- Cut potato in thin slices. Stack few of them together. Chop them thin like matchsticks. Add chilli powder, salt and amchur powder to it, mix it well and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl take besan, add crushed carom seeds, turmeric powder, some salt, rice flour and baking soda. Mix everything well.
- Now add little water at a time and make smooth batter. Add green chilli and coriander leaves and mix the batter again.
- Now add marinated potato sticks in batter and mix well and keep it aside. Heat the oil at medium high heat in karahi or wok.
- Once oil is hot enough drop small size potato mixture in oil with spoon. Once pakoras are cooked for a while turn them over.
- Turn them couple of times till pakoras are golden brown and crisp. Take them out on a papper towel . Serve these crisp pakoras with spicy green chutney and ketchup