Vrat wale aloo ki sabji with step by step video recipe. Vrat ke aloo is made during fasting / vrat or Navratri vrat. This is no onion no garlic recipe of aloo ki sabji. This vrat ke aloo ki sabzi is so delicious that you can eat it any time. Accompany it with poori or chapati and salad. You can’t ask for more. I am sharing the way I make vrat wale aloo ki sabji at my home. There are many versions of making this sabzi. At my home we make it in yogurt base gravy. Here it is very important that you stir the yogurt well before adding it to curry. Also add the yogurt in curry only when potato masala is cold otherwise curd will curdle and sabji will not taste good. Mostly falahari recipes or vrat ka khana is easy to make and does not need big preparations.
- 5 Poato boiled, medium size
- ½ cup Curd
- 1 tsp Shah Jeera
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- ½ inch Ginger
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Break potatoes in big pieces and keep it aside. Mix 1/4 cup of water in curd and mix it well and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in karahi or wok. Add ghee and let it melt. Once ghee melts add zeera and let it splater.
- Now add green chili and ginger and saute for few seconds. Add boiled potato and roast it till it get some color.
- Once potato is nicely roasted switch off the heat and let the potato cool down.
- When potatoes are cold add curd and mix it throughly and add some more water to get desired consestancy.
- Now switch on the heat again at medium high heat. Cook sabji till it starts boiling.
- Make sure to mix it throughly till curry starts boiling otherwise curd will curdle. Once curry starts boiling add salt and mix.
- Break big pieces of potatoes with spatula and switch off the heat. Vrat vale aloo ki sabzi is ready. Garnish it with fine chopped coriander leaves.