Kuttu aloo vada is a fasting recipe which can also be made for evening snacks. These spicy, crispy vadas are so delicious that you can’t stop eating them. It’s a real treat on fasting day. Making kuttu aloo vada is very easy. Just make spicy potato balls dip them in kuttu batter and fry them. Serve them with vrat wale chutney. This kuttu aloo vada is good for navratri vrat, any upvaas or fasting. If you do not have kuttu atta use singhare ka atta as a substitute.
- ¾ cup Kuttu atta/ singhare ka atta
- 4 Potato medium size, boiled
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- ½ cup Peanuts crushed
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ inch Ginger fine chopped
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- Take kuttu atta and add little salt and mix well. Add little water at a time and make smooth batter and keep it aside.
- In another bowl break potatoes in small chunks.
- Add salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder, chopped ginger, coriander , chilly, crushed peanuts and lemon juice. Mix everything well.
- Grease your hands with oil and make small size smooth vadas and keep them aside.
- Heat the oil at medium high heat. Once oil is ready, dip vadas in kuttu batter and fry them in oil till they are crisp and properly cooked from both the sides.
- Serve kuttu aloo vada with spicy chutney.