Suji halwa recipe with step by step instruction video. This suji halwa or rava sheera isfor ashtmi prasad, vrat and festivals. Do try this danedar suji ka halwa and I am sure you will love it. Sooji halwa or suji ka sheera when combined with kale chane and poori make complete prasad. You can make this sooji ka halwa for any vrat, katha or special occasions. There are different ways and proportions of making rava sheera. This is my version and proportions which works best for me. This rich delicious halwa is often made in most of the Indian household. It is known as rava sheera in North India and rava kesari in South India.
- 1 cup Rava
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Ghee
- 1 tsp Almonds fine chopped
- 1 tsp Pistachio fine chopped
- ⅛ tsp Green Cardomom Powder
- 1 tsp Rose Petals optional
- 2½ cup Warm Water
- Heat big karahi or pan on medium low heat. Put ghee in it and let it melt. Now add sooji or rava.
- Mix it well and cook till suji turns golden brown and smells nice. Make sure to stir suji continuously to avoid burning.
- Once suji is nicely roasted add sugar and add little water at a time and mix well.
- Cook till suji absorbs all the water and starts loosing ghee. Suji halwa is ready to serve.
- Garnish with fine chopped nuts and rose petals.