Potato Wedges Recipe | How to Make Crispy Potato Wedges at Home | Potato is one such ingredient that is very versatile. You can make a wide variety of dishes from potato. Potato wedges is one such recipe, that is popular worldwide. Potato wedges are similar to French fries, but come in their own testes and textures. These yummy, crispy fries make great evening snacks and are great to munch on during movies or family time.
To avoid the hassle of buying these wedges from outside, here is a recipe of making crisp potato wedges at home. This spicy potato wedges recipe is an easy one and you will get almost all the ingredients at home. Potato Wedges can be baked or fried according to your choice. If you are making them for the party you can do half preparation ahead of time and fry them when guests arrive. Making potato wedges is very easy. I have also posted recipes of other party snacks like Vegetable Pakora and Pyaaz Ki Kachori, Potato Lollipops. Do try them as well.
Follow the instructions step by step and they will be ready in no time. So let’s dive into the recipe.
- 2 Potato medium size
- ¼ cup Rice Flours
- ¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- 2-3 Garlic fine chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 4 cups Water
- Peel potatoes and wash them. Cut them in two cut pieces. Cut each piece in 5 more pieces.
- Take water in large pot and add chopped potatoes and salt cook them till they are half done.
- Sieve the water and let the wedges cool down completely. Take mixing bowl and add rice flour, maida and little salt.
- Now take wedges and put them in batter and coat them nicely. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and put it in freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes take them out. Heat oil in fry pan at medium high heat. Deep fry wedges till they are golden brown and crisp.
- You can eat them as it is. Or heat a tea spoon of oil in a pan. Add garlic, sesame and saute. Add fried wedges, oregano and chilli flakes. Mix well. Serve hot .
- Cut potatoes in thick pieces not like French fries.
- Boil them in water till they are 50% done.
- Let the wedges cool down completely before coating them with batter.
- Freeze them at least for 20 minutes.
- Deep fry them at medium high heat till they are crisp.
Do let us know your opinion about this recipe in the comment section.
You May Also Like: