Kathal ki sabji with step by step recipe videos. This spicy jackfruit curry or masaledaar kathal ki sabji tastes almost like chicken curry. I love kathal. There are many ways of making kathal or jackfruit. Most popular are dry kathal ki sabji, punjabi style kathal ki sabzi or kathal ki sabzi with gravy. In North India kathal is eaten as sabji where as in South India kathal is eaten as fruit. Because of texture and taste this Kathal ki sabji tastes almost like chicken curry. Here it is very important that while making sabji kathal should be roasted properly otherwise sabji will not taste good.
Kathal Ki Sabzi
- 2 cupa Kathal cut into big pieces
- 2 Onion medium size, thin sliced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2-3 Cloves
- 3-4 Black Pepper
- 1 Cinnamon Sticks small
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger & Garlic crushed, grated
- 2 Potato medium size,cut in big pieces
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ cup Mustard Oil
- 1 cup Water
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Heat pressure cooker at medium high heat. Add mustard oil and let it heat.
- Now add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper and cumin seeds. Let them roast for few seconds.
- Now add ginger garlic and fry for few seconds. Add sliced onions and salt. Mix well and cook till onions turn pink.
- Now add kathal and potatoes, mix well and cook till veggies are half cooked. Make sure to stir the veggies couple of times to avoid burning.
- Once veggies are nicely roasted, add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Now add water, mix well and close the pressure cooker. Take 4-5 whistles or till veggies are soft. Kathal ki sabji is ready.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!