Masoor dal recipe masoor ki dal or red lentil curry recipe with step by step hindi recipe video. This dal is whole masoor dal recipe where masoor or red lentils are cooked with spices and onion tomatoes.Masoor dal fry is a common dish in North Indian cuisine. It is made in many ways. Today I have posted Punjabi masoor dal tadka recipe which is simple, quick and tastes super yum. Some of my friends asked me what is masoor dal? So here is a quick note. There are two types of masoor dal available in market. One is whole masoor dal and other is pink masoor dal . Pink masoor is actually split and skinned whole masoor dal. They both taste good but I like red lentil or whole masoor dal better. Daal or lentil is everyday affair in North Indian homes. We mostly make one dal, one dry sabzi like gobi aloo, baingan aloo, stuffed tinda etc. rice ad chapati along with some salad at home for lunch. You can see all simple dry side dish recipes here.This whole masoor daal is very easy to do. Just add spices and garlic , onions and tomatoes to dal. Whistel them till masoor daal is soft. Then add tadka. And your Punjabi masoor dal fry is ready in 15 minutes.Daal is a simple dish. Everyone has their own style of making them. But one thing is for sure. If you don’t add proper spices and tadka, dal will not taste good. So make sure you try this easy method of making masoor dal and I am sure you will love it. You can enjoy masoor dal with fresh chapati or zeera rice.
Masoor Dal Fry
- 1 cup Masoor Dal
- 2 Tomato small size, chopped
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt according to taste
- 3 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2-3 Garlic Clove sliced
- 2 tbsp Onion sliced
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Green Chilli slit
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- Wash and soak daal for 1 hour. After 1 hour drain the water and put it in pressure cooker.
- Add 3 cups of water, sat, onions, tomatoes, turmeric, garam masala and dhaniya powder. Mix well and take 2-3 whistles.
- Once pressure cooker is cold , open the lid and boil daal for 4-5 minutes. Mix it well.
- Now add green chilly and coriander leaves and boil again for 2 minutes. Masoor dal is ready. keep it aside.
- Now heat small tadka pan. Add oil or ghee. Add cumin seeds, garlic, onions and sute till garlic turns pink.
- Now add hing and red chilly powder. Add this hot tadka over dal and mix well.
- Boil daal again for a minute or two. Masoor dal tadka is ready to serve. Serve masoor ki daal with rice or roti.