Upma recipe – rava upma recipe – sooji upma recipe video in Hindi. Learn how to make vegetable upma in very easy method.Upma is healthy Indian breakfast recipe specially famous in South India. It can be made in 10 minutes. There are several different names of upma like uppeet, uppama, uppumavu, uppindi.Rava upma can be made with or without vegetables. Today I am posting veg upma recipe. It hardly takes 10 minute to make this sooji upma. It is perfect upma recipe for breakfast or tiffin.Sooji ka upma is one of the easiest breakfast recipes from rava. You can also make rava idli, rava uttapam and rava toast. These are all sooji recipes for breakfast. They all can be made quickly and are healthy and tasty.Rava upma is very easy to make. Roast rava. Make tadka with mustard seeds, green chilly ,dal, pea nuts and cashews. Now add veggies and saute will they are slightly cook. Add water , let it boil then add sooji, stir continuously and cook till sooji is fully cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves. And upma is ready in no time.
- 1 cup Rava
- ½ cup Onion fine chopped
- ½ cup Tomato fine chopped
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- ¼ cup Carrot fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 8 Cashew split in half
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1-2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal
- Salt according to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Ghee
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 2 cup Water
- Heat pan at medium heat. Add rava and roast it till rava is slightly pink in color.
- Once rava is roasted take it away from heat and transfer it in a plate or bowl. Heat the same pan at medium high heat. Add 3-4 tbsp oil.
- As the oil gets little hot add channa dal and roast it for few seconds. Add green chilly, mustard seeds, cashews and peanuts.
- Mix them well and roast them till cashews turns light brown. Now add curry leaves, onions and cook till onions are little soft.
- Once onions are slightly pink add carrots and green peas and cook for a minute. Now mix everything well and add chopped tomatoes.
- Mix them well and cook for a minute again. Now add 2 cups of water, mix it well and take a boil.
- Add salt , mix well and let the water boil. Once water starts boiling add coriander leaves.
- Now add sooji or rava in small batches and stir it continuously to avoid lumps. When rava absorbs all the water, cover the pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Now open the lid and mix the upma and add 2 tbsp of ghee. Mix it well. Upma is ready to serve. Garnish it with fine chopped coriander leaves.