Chivda ( chiwda)Recipe – Roasted Poha Chivda Recipe or poha Namkeen Recipe. Learn how to make roasted chivda recipe in few steps. This diet poha namkeen is non fried and roasted. Chivda or poha is a famous ingredient in Indian cuisine. Poha comes in variety of shapes and size. The medium poha is used in making very famous breakfast pohe. Thick one is used in frying. And the thin poha one is used in making this roasted poha namkeen. Chivda is awesome Diwali recipe. Since it is non fried it can be consumed by everyone. It is full of nuts, taste good and healthy. Whenever you have cravings for munching something crunchy do try this poha chivda. I have used very little oil to roast these nuts but if you are on diet you can roast nuts without oil. This Poha chivda is very versatile. You can make it spicy or you can add more nuts according to your choice.
- 2 cup Poha thin
- ¼ cup Almonds slit
- ½ cry Dry Coconut/ Desiccated Coconut thin slice
- ¼ cup Cashew split
- 2 tbsp Raisin
- ½ cup Peanuts
- 2-3 Green Chilli slit
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Take kadai or pan and heat it at medium low heat. Add poha in kadai, saute with very gentle hand and roast poha till it becomes crisp.
- Once it is crisp, transfer it to a bowl and let it cool down. Now in another pan add 2 1/2 tbsp of oil at medium low heat.
- Add peanuts, coconut slices, cashews, almonds, raisins one at a time and fry them till they are golden brown and crisp. Take them out in a bowl.
- Take the same pan in which we made poha. Place it on low heat. Add 1/2 tbsp oil and add hing, turmeric, curry leaves, green chilly, and sugar.
- Mix well and let the sugar melt and get caramelized. Now add roasted poha , nuts and salt. Mix well with very gentle hands.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. After 4 minutes switch off the heat and let the chivda be in pan for 4-5 minutes or till it gets cold.
- Once chivda namkeen is cold pack it in airtight container . It will lasts for atleast 1 months.