Mandir Wali Khichdi Recipe | Temple Khichadi Recipe | Make temple ( mandir ) khichdi at home with very few spices. This masala khichadi is healthy, delicious and one pot recipe.
Today I am posting mandir vali khichdi recipe that I often make at home. This is no onion and no garlic recipe. If you go to temple specially on makar sankranti day they will give this khichdi as prasadam. This khichdi made of moong dal is a healthy one and super yummy one to try once at least for sure. It is full of vegetables and very aromatic. I added some ghee or clarified butter which makes this khichdi even more delicious.
- ½ cup Moong Dal
- ½ cup Rice
- ¼ cup Oil
- 4 Baby Potatoes cut into two pieces
- 8-10 Cauliflower Flowerets
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Ginger fine chopped
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 Green Cardomom
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Green
- 1 Tomato fine chopped
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 4 cups Water
- wash and soak dal and rice in water for 2 hours. After 2 hours strain the water. Heat wide and deep pan at medium heat.
- Add oil and potatoes. Cook potatoes till they are golden brown. Take them out and add cauliflower.
- Saute and cook cauliflower till they are golden brown. Take them out.
- Now in the same oil add hing, tej patta, ginger and whole red chilli, cloves, cardamom. Saute them and add cumin seeds.
- Let the cumin seeds splatter and add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and cook spices till they release oil. Now add strained dal rice and cook them for 2-3 minutes in masala.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt and mix well. Cover the pan and cook khichdi on medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Mix khichdi couple of times in between to avoid burning. After 10 minutes add green chilli, potatoes, cauliflower, peas and tomatoes.
- Mix them well and add 2 more cups of water. Cover the pan again and cook khichdi for 15 more minutes.
- Stir it couple of times in between. After 15 minutes mix the khichdi and mash it with ladle.
- Now add ghee and garam masala and mix well. Switch off the heat and covet the pan for 2 minutes. Khichdi is ready to serve. Take it out in a serving bowl, add some ghee and serve it with papad and raita.