Vermicelli recipes are quick, light and easy to do. This sevai pakora recipe is a crisp tea time snack recipe which can be made in 10 minutes if you have boiled potatoes in hand. In this recipe I’ll tell you how to make these crispy snacks as appetizer or starter for parties or just for yourself during evening tea time.
Like poha ( beaten rice ) vermicelli or semiya is a very a famous ingredient commonly used in Indian kitchens for making sweets, snacks and breakfast. In olden days semiya was made at home. Now they are widely available in market. Most common preparations from semiya is vermicelli upma or poha and semiya kheer. And today to make something different I made these crisp semiya / vermicelli pakora. Here I have used 1/2 cup of raw vermicelli. After boiling it became 1 cup. Also dis not grate boiled potatoes, just mashed them in small chunks. Let’s go ahead with the detailed recipe now.
- 1 cup Potato boiled & mashed
- 1 cup Vermicelli boiled
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Onion fine chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- Salt according to taste
- In a mixing bowl add boiled mashed potatoes, boiled semiya, bread crumbs, onions, cumin seeds, ginger, coriander leaves, green chilli, chilly flakes, dry mango powder and salt.
- Mix them well then grease your hands with little oil.
- Take small amount of mixture and roll it between your palms. Heat oil at medium heat.
- Add 2-3 balls at a time and make fry them till they are golden brown. Serve semiya pakora with chutney or ketchup.
You may also like: