Moong dal dahi vada recipe video in Hindi. Soft and spongy yellow moong dal dahi vada recipe in very few steps.
Dahi vada is a simple and delicious snack loved by many. It is also a festival snack often made on Holi and diwali. Soft and spongy dahi vada are lentil dumpling dipped in creamy yogurt topped with chutney. Tastes just yum! Dahi vadas are super easy to do and if you have party at home, you can make them in advance. Just assemble them on the party day and serve. Garnish them with zeera power, red chilli powder, fine chopped coriander leaves and fresh pomegranate seeds.
In this recipe I used moong dal in place of traditional urad dal. To get soft dahi vadas it is important to soak dal at least for 4-6 hours. Grind batter with very little water or no water if possible. Also use fresh, thick yogurt for bettter taste. Dahi vada can also be made with just yogurt or you can also add sweet chutney on it. Since dahi vada only tastes good when they are soft and spongy hence batter should be whipped nicely. I have also added very little soda to make then extra soft. Always soak moong dal dahi vada in warm water at least for 10 minutes before serving. This will make vadas fluffy from inside. I have added sugar in curd and whipped it to make it creamy.
Suji Dahi Vada
- ¾ cup Moong Dal
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Green Chilli fine chopped
- ½ pinch Baking Soda
- 1 cup Curd
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chutney
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt according to taste
- 1½ tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate
- Wash and soak moong dal for 6-8 hours. Rinse and sieve the water after 5 hours.
- Grind dal without water or very little water. Take it out in a bowl. Mix the batter briskly for few minutes .
- This will make batter light and fluffy. Add little salt, ginger and green chilli and mix it again. Keep the batter aside.
- Heat oil of frying in a pan at medium high heat. When oil is hot for frying, add baking soda to the batter and mix it well. Add spoon full of batter in hot oil and let them fry for sometime.
- Turn dahi vadas when they are little pale. Fry the vadas till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towel. Take yogurt add sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix it well to make it creamy.
- Now take 2 cups of luke warm water in a bowl. Add little salt and mix well. When vadas become warm add them to water bowl.
- Soak vadas for 18-20 minutes in water. Take each vada, press it between your palms and add them to yogurt.
- Take vadas out in a plate. Add some more yogurt. Garnish with chutney, fine chopped coriander leaves, red chilli power, cumin powder, pomegranate seeds.
- Sprinkle some salt. Moong dal dahi vada is ready to serve.
You may also like:
Hariyali Paneer Tikka: