Moong dal recipe video in Hindi. Learn how to make dhaba / restaurant style yellow moong dal recipe . This yellow moong dal goes very well with chapati, parathas and rice.In North Indian homes everyday lunch is incomplete without dal or lentil. I too make dal everyday. To give it a change I make different variety of dals. Mostly I make toor dal, masoor dal, moong dal, urad dal and mixed dal. Different types of dal has different health benefits.Moong dal tadka is very healthy and easy to make. It is very light , high in protein and digest very easily. If you making moong ki dal for weight loss add only half tea spoon of ghee or oil for tadka. Some people find moon dal very blend. If you try my moong ki dal recipe you will just love it. It is full or flavors. Fresh ginger julienne, fine chopped garlic, whole red chillies with cloves and hing makes moong dal very very delicious.
Moong Dal Recipe
- ½ cup Moong Dal
- 2 pinch Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 2-3 Cloves
- 6-7 Garlic fine chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- ½ inch Ginger thin sliced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt according to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Ghee
- Wash and soak moong dal for 2 hours. After two hours. Take a pressure cooker and add dal.
- Strain the water before adding to cooker. Add 1 1/2 cups of water, coriander and turmeric powder, salt and few drops of oil.
- Adding oil prevents overflow of dal from pressure cooker. Now cover the cooker with a lid, make the heat to medium and take 1-2 whistles.
- After 2 whistles switch off the heat and let the cooker cools down. Once cooker is cold, take out the whistle and open the lid.
- Check dal. It should cook properly. If you find it hard take one more whistle. Now take tadka pan and heat it at medium heat.
- Add ghee and let it get warm. Now add asafetida, cloves and dry red chilly. Roast dry red chilly for few seconds.
- Now add cumin seeds, chopped garlic and ginger and reduce the heat to very low. Saute ginger garlic till they are nicely roasted.
- Now add red chilly powder and take it away from heat. Now put the dal cooker on high heat and add this hot tadka in dal.
- Sprinkle lots of coriander leaves, squeeze a tablw spoon of lemon juice and mix the dal gently. Cook it for a minute. Moong dal tadka is ready to serve.